Flexo Plate Maker 9/17/2016
Southern Graphic Systems, Inc
Brooklyn Park, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition Number
Flexo Plate Maker
Operate flexo plate processing equipment to produce digital and conventional photopolymer plates used in flexographic printing.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Review job ticket instructions to determine requirements of job production.
* Inspection of films, opaque if necessary in preparation of conventional plate making.
* Film filing, organization of re-run films.
* Inspection of digital files in preparation for plate making.
* Review job proofs to digital files to insure quality control.
* Digital job folder organization.
* Operation of the following types of equipment: washout units, exposure units, light finishing units, video drill, computer to plate devices, chemical-recycling units.
* Finishing of plates per customer specs.
* Pre-Packaging of plates for shipment, wrapping in foam, kraft paper, organizing proofs to ship with plates, etc.
* Operate forklift if necessary.
* Perform preventive maintenance on equipment when necessary.
* QC all work performed following the department SOP s. Check off, sign, and date checklists.
* Participate in the quality process by following SOP s and giving feedback for possible improvement ideas to Department Heads. Seek feedback for jobs on the list that you had involvement with.
* Make sure all time and materials are properly charged to the jobs.
* When handing off jobs to co-workers/next shift, clearly communicate any information for them to complete the job.
* Perform end of shift housekeeping.
* Participate in daily housekeeping of department.
* Participate in weekend on call rotation.
* Participate in monthly department meetings.
Educational & Experience Requirements:
* Trade school certificate in Graphic Arts/Printing or equivalent experience.
* Preferably 3 years experience working in a Flexo Plate Department.
* Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 65 lbs. regularly.
* Certified in operating a forklift.
EOE AA m/f/vet/disability
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.