Printing Plate Mounter 9/17/2016
Southern Graphic Systems, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition Number
Printing Plate Mounter
Accurately mount printing plates to saddles per customer specifications. Operates flexo plate processing equipment to transfer images from
digital files to photopolymer plates used in flexographic printing.
* Review job ticket instructions to determine requirements of job production.
* Operation of the following types of equipment: Harley Opti- Check mounters, ACT sticky- back applicator, RJE large
shear, Adler sewing machine, and Esko Kongsberg Cutting Table.
* Ensure plates are free of blemishes and are correct to the job.
* Ensure that all materials are to customer specifications for each particular job and/or press.
* Assist CSR s and Sales with production issues /questions.
* Operate forklift when necessary.
* Performs preventive maintenance on equipment when necessary
* QC all work performed following the department SOP s. Check off, sign, and date checklists.
* Make sure all jobs and materials are properly charged.
* When handing off jobs to co- workers/next shift, clearly communicate any information for them to complete the job.
Educational & Experience Requirements:
* Trade school certificate in Graphic Arts/Printing or equivalent experience.
* Preferably 3 years experience mounting plates for corrugated.
* Preferably 3 years experience making flexographic plates.
* Lift and/or move up to 50 - 65 lbs. regularly
EOE AA m/f/vet/disability
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.