This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONRequisition Number
Position Description / Job Purpose:
The Privacy Analyst supports the Compliance Program by assisting with the development, implementation, maintenance of, and adherence to the organization s policies and procedures covering access to and privacy of all protected health information in compliance with federal and state laws, the organization s contractual obligations, and its information privacy practices.
* Assists in the development, implementation, and maintenance of HIPAA privacy policies and procedures.
* Serves as a HIPAA Privacy contact for all departments and appropriate entities.
* Performs periodic HIPAA privacy risk assessments and conducts related ongoing privacy compliance monitoring activities in coordination with Compliance and Security.
* Manage and respond to FDR Compliance and similar requests on behalf of Compliance.
* Works with Compliance and key departments to ensure the organization has and maintains appropriate business associate agreements, privacy and confidentiality consent, authorization forms, and information notices and materials reflecting current organization and legal practices and requirements.
* Participates in the development and maintenance of new employee and annual HIPAA training for all employees and other covered persons.
* Assists in administering the process for receiving, documenting, tracking, investigating, and taking action on complaints concerning the organization s policies and procedures.
* Assists in compliance with privacy practices and consistent application of sanctions for failure to comply with privacy policies in cooperation with Compliance, Security, Human Resources, and Executive Leadership, as applicable.
* Initiates, facilitates and promotes activities to foster HIPAA privacy awareness within the organization and related entities.
* Reviews all system-related information security plans throughout the organization s network to ensure alignment between security and privacy practices.
* Maintains current knowledge of applicable federal and state privacy laws and accreditation standards, and monitors advancements in information privacy technologies to ensure organizational adaptation and compliance.
* Cooperates with the Office for Civil Rights, other legal entities, and organization officers in any compliance reviews or investigations.
Qualifications and Skillsets:
* 2 to 3 years of relevant experience.
* Bachelor s degree preferred with privacy certification (e.g. CHC, CHPC, CIPP) a plus.
* Excellent communication written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to collaborate with other department stakeholders such as Operations, IT, Development, Security, Human Resources, and Internal Audit.
* Detail oriented with strong problem solving skills.
* Ability to work on multiple assignments.
* Superior customer service skills.
EEO Employer F/M/Vet/Disabled
* EEO Employer F/M/Vet/Disabled.
Send This Job to a Friend