Privacy Compliance Analyst - Privacy Office/Health Education (ANL 5)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/9/2016
University of California - San Francisco Medical Centers
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title
Privacy Compliance Analyst - Privacy Office/Health Education (ANL 5)
Professional Support Staff
40 ; 100%
Privacy Office/Hlth Edu
This classification is not represented by a union
Our legacy of unsurpassed patient care and unceasing mission to integrate high-tech medical research with clinical operations has led to our prestigious standing as one of the top 10 hospitals in the nation according to U.S. News & World Report. As a premier health care institution dedicated to advancing health worldwide, UCSF Medical Center can also be the best place to advance and shape your career.
The medical center's employees are one of the most important reasons why we are recognized as one of the nation's best hospitals. To work at UCSF Medical Center is to be part of an institution that provides the highest caliber of care to patients; a nurturing, dynamic and team-oriented atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
The Privacy Compliance Analyst is responsible for the day-to-day compliance activities which support the Privacy Education Compliance Program for the UCSF enterprise and all workforce members. In collaboration with the Privacy Compliance Manager, the Privacy Compliance Analyst develops, implements, and maintains the Privacy education program framework with goals strategies, and timelines to include reporting of educational needs based upon assessment of compliance risks for the UCSF enterprise.
In addition, the Privacy Compliance Analyst is responsible for conducting timely review, revision and implementation of UCSF enterprise-wide privacy policies and procedures and the assessment of their compliance with current and proposed federal and state regulations, as well as with UC system-wide policies and procedures.
The Privacy Compliance Analyst supports the interdepartmental framework for research privacy compliance at UCSF, including training, consultations, Research Privacy Compliance Subcommittee and other relevant research privacy compliance projects as required.
The scope of responsibility for the UCSF Privacy Office and subsequently the Privacy Compliance Analyst includes the entire UCSF enterprise consisting of all UCSF Campus Departments, the UCSF Health System, Langley Porter Psychiatric Institute, UCSF Fresno, Office of Research, Academic Affairs, Advancement & Planning, Administration & Finance and UCSF Members at Affiliate Organizations.
The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required.
* Minimum three years experience working in a large health care organization, including experience in a healthcare quality or analytical environment, or a combination of experience in healthcare with significant experience in HIPAA/Privacy compliance in a major health care organization
* One to two years demonstrated supervisory or management expertise and positive project management experience
* BA or BS in related area or a combination of education and experience
* Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills which include determination of reporting needs and ability to independently write reports
* Knowledge of HIPAA Privacy and Security standards and other regulatory standards for privacy, confidentiality, clinical research, healthcare
* Knowledge of Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint software programs or equivalents
* Excellent communication skills (oral, electronic and written)
* Ability to function independently and within a team with minimal supervision, demonstrating excellent judgment, attention to process and detail
* Discretion, confidentiality, tact, and ability to deal with sensitive issues
* Ability to interact with all levels of staff and ability to set priorities and manage multiple demands effectively
* Must have knowledge of healthcare and medical terminology, healthcare compliance, IT expertise related to HIPAA Security Rule, as well as knowledge of JCAHO, DHS, CMIA, CMS, Lanterman Petris Short Act and other external regulations to ensure compliance
* Must demonstrate appropriate sensitivity and judgment in complex situations and collaborate effectively with Medical Center and Campus Leadership, the Chancellor s Office, CEO, CMO, Security Officers for the Medical Center and the Campus, medical staff, patient care and department directors, managers, and staff
* Role models excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills (oral, written, and electronic)
* Demonstrates creative problem-solving with a focus on teamwork and collaboration
* This position requires flexibility to orient and work in all UCSF Medical Center locations
* Master s degree in Public Health, Public Administration or Biostatistics, with strong clinical or compliance background
* Registered Nurse or other clinical licensure
* Extensive knowledge of Privacy Rule and Security Rule standards and other regulatory requirements
* Prior University of California or Academic Medical Center experience
* Experience in staffing medical staff committees
Living Pride Standards
* Demonstrates service excellence by following the Everyday PRIDE Guide with the UCSF Medical Center standards and expectations for communication and behavior. These standards and expectations convey specific behavior associated with the Medical Center s values: Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence, and provide guidance on how we communicate with patients, visitors, faculty, staff, and students, virtually everyone, every day and with every encounter. These standards include, but are not limited to: personal appearance, acknowledging and greeting all patients and families, introductions using AIDET, managing up, service recovery, managing delays and expectations, phone standards, electronic communication, team work, cultural sensitivity and competency.
* Uses effective communication skills with patients and staff; demonstrates proper telephone techniques and etiquette; acts as an escort to any patient or family member needing directions; shows sensitivity to differences of culture; demonstrates a positive and supportive manner in which patients / families/ colleagues perceive interactions as positive and supportive. Exhibits team work skills to positively acknowledge and recognize other colleagues, and uses personal experiences to model and teach Living PRIDE standards.
* Exhibits tact and professionalism in difficult situations according to PRIDE Values and Practices
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to privacy, confidentiality, and security policies and procedures related to Protected Health Information (PHI) or other sensitive and personal information.
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to safety and infection control policies and procedures.
* Assumes accountability for improving quality metrics associated with department/unit and meeting organizational/departmental targets.
* Keeps working areas neat, orderly and clutter-free, including the hallways. Adheres to cleaning processes and puts things back where they belong. Removes and reports broken equipment and furniture.
* Picks up and disposes of any litter found throughout entire facility.
* Posts flyers and posters in designated areas only; does not post on walls, doors or windows.
* Knows where the Environment of Care Manual is kept in