Privacy Investigator - Privacy Office/Health Education (ANL 4)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 1/5/2017
University of California - San Francisco Medical Centers
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title
Privacy Investigator - Privacy Office/Health Education (ANL 4)
Professional Support Staff
40 ; 100%
Privacy Office/Hlth Edu
This classification is not represented by a union
Our legacy of unsurpassed patient care and unceasing mission to integrate high-tech medical research with clinical operations has led to our prestigious standing as one of the top 10 hospitals in the nation according to U.S. News & World Report. As a premier health care institution dedicated to advancing health worldwide, UCSF Medical Center can also be the best place to advance and shape your career.
The medical center's employees are one of the most important reasons why we are recognized as one of the nation's best hospitals. To work at UCSF Medical Center is to be part of an institution that provides the highest caliber of care to patients; a nurturing, dynamic and team-oriented atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
The Privacy Analyst investigates issues and implements solutions and manages multiple complex privacy/compliance HIPAA projects.
This position will analyzes data and produce mandatory compliance reports. Ensures written correspondence to and from the Privacy Office is accurate and in compliance with policies and procedures; tracks active priorities; assists with development of strategies to address issues; manages information storage and retrieval. Provides analytical support to the Privacy Officer and acts as liaison to reporting departments, Medical Center and Campus faculty and staff, UCOP executives, other UC campus officials, and outside agencies. Assists in a database administrator role to track and manage compliance projects, issues and resolutions to issues and breaches. Responsible for special projects as assigned by the Operations Manager or the Chief Privacy Officer.
The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required.
* Four year degree and four years of experience in administrative management or staff analysis, to include significant experience as database or project manager and to include significant HIPAA/privacy regulatory implementation, operations, or compliance activities; and a relevant graduate degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
* Other required skills to include:
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Experience acting in a professional liaison role, both internally and externally
* Experience in prioritizing high level projects
* Demonstrated sensitivity to political situations and confidential issues
* Ability to effectively focus, prioritize and manage multiple tasks and assignments
* Ability to consistently, reliably and independently solve problems and achieve specific objectives under general guidance
* Proficiency in data entry and data analysis
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Outlook and PowerPoint
* Demonstrated organizational skills
* The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required
* Experience in a healthcare environment; and knowledge of organization s financial and administrative policies and procedures
* Knowledge and experience in compliance activities and customer service
Living Pride Standards
* Demonstrates service excellence by following the Everyday PRIDE Guide with the UCSF Medical Center standards and expectations for communication and behavior. These standards and expectations convey specific behavior associated with the Medical Center s values: Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence, and provide guidance on how we communicate with patients, visitors, faculty, staff, and students, virtually everyone, every day and with every encounter. These standards include, but are not limited to: personal appearance, acknowledging and greeting all patients and families, introductions using AIDET, managing up, service recovery, managing delays and expectations, phone standards, electronic communication, team work, cultural sensitivity and competency.
* Uses effective communication skills with patients and staff; demonstrates proper telephone techniques and etiquette; acts as an escort to any patient or family member needing directions; shows sensitivity to differences of culture; demonstrates a positive and supportive manner in which patients / families/ colleagues perceive interactions as positive and supportive. Exhibits team work skills to positively acknowledge and recognize other colleagues, and uses personal experiences to model and teach Living PRIDE standards.
* Exhibits tact and professionalism in difficult situations according to PRIDE Values and Practices
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to privacy, confidentiality, and security policies and procedures related to Protected Health Information (PHI) or other sensitive and personal information.
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to safety and infection control policies and procedures.
* Assumes accountability for improving quality metrics associated with department/unit and meeting organizational/departmental targets.
* Keeps working areas neat, orderly and clutter-free, including the hallways. Adheres to cleaning processes and puts things back where they belong. Removes and reports broken equipment and furniture.
* Picks up and disposes of any litter found throughout entire facility.
* Posts flyers and posters in designated areas only; does not post on walls, doors or windows.
* Knows where the Environment of Care Manual is kept in department; corrects or reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate departments.
* Protects the physical environment and equipment from damage and theft.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Further information about the University of California, San Francisco, is available at diversity.ucsf.edu. UCSF seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.
Return to Previous Page