Private Client Services Senior Associate, Tax
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
BDO USA, LLP
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
BDO s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
The Private Client Services Senior Associate assists in providing tax compliance and consulting services to our high net worth clients. Significant knowledge of taxation related to personal income, estate and gift tax and wealth retention strategies, as well as taxation of entities owned by business owners (partnership and corporate taxation), is required.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or other relevant field required
- JD or LLM preferred
- Four (4) or more years of public accounting and private client services experience
- Public accounting experience working in the private client area preferred
- Working towards CPA, CFP, Masters in Tax, or JD preferred
- Addition Licensed Attorney strongly preferred
- Experience with Gosystems and BNA Tax Planner preferred
- Experience with the Microsoft office suite
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detailed oriented
- Strong analytical, research and critical thinking skills
- Solid organizational skills, especially the ability to meet project deadlines with a focus on details
- Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently or within a group environment
- Proven ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the firm
- Basic knowledge of fundamental accounting, finance and tax principles
- General accounting knowledge and basic to intermediate tax knowledge
- General understanding of financial planning concepts
BDO USA, LLP is an EO employer M/F/Veteran/Disability