Private Client Services Sr. Associate
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are together ranked as one of the top providers of accounting services in the United States. With more than 35 offices and more than 2,000 professionals, we serve the country s growing mid-market public and private businesses. MHM provides high quality audit and attest services, while closely associated CBIZ provides all other accounting, tax and consulting services. CBIZ & MHM are devoted to providing you with a challenging, motivating environment to guide your success in this profession.
We're seeking an addition to our Akron Private Client Services team. The Private Client Services Senior Associate will provide advisory services to individuals and senior level executives of publicly traded and privately held companies on income tax, estate and gift planning, personal financial planning, cash flow analysis and retirement planning. The selected individual will have numerous opportunities to grow and develop in this role.
The primary responsibilities require the candidate to:
Gain an understanding and assist in planning multiple tax assignments in various industries
Review and prepare federal and state tax returns for partnerships, C corporations, S corporations and individuals
Develop tax compliance knowledge and assist with IRS audits, tax notice response, trust returns, gift and estate returns
Participate in client assignments from beginning to end
Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with all levels of client staff to increase customer satisfaction and to strengthen client relationships
Pledge to provide exceptional service to every client by providing individual attention, responsiveness and commitment to understanding their goals
Maintain and comply with the highest degree of professional standards, client confidentiality and personal conduct
Assist with training and mentoring junior associates and interns on tax methodology
A successful candidate will have:
* Minimum 3 years Public Accounting experience with a tax focus
* Bachelors degree required; Master s degree in Accounting, Masters of Taxation or related field desirable
* CPA certification or ability to obtain certification is required
* Excellent interpersonal, analytical, research and tax project management skills, including basic knowledge of GAAP, Taxation compliance, codes and regulations
* High degree of self-motivation and self-investment
* Committed to excellence and dedication
* Willingness to learn and be challenged
* Possesses excellent time management and prioritization skills
* Able to effectively communicate with clients and team-members
* Displays sound business and professional judgment
* Possesses initiative, is proactive and a self-starter
* Ability to travel based on client and business needs
* Works well under pressure and client deadlines
Come grow your career with CBIZ & MHM! Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employment of Females, Minorities, Persons with Disabilities and Veterans.
An E-Verify Employer
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, Please visit following URL for more information: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf