Private Engagement Director
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOFFICE LOCATIONArlington, Virginia (VA) or Coral Gables, Florida (FL) or Latin America RegionAA100WORK WITH USThe Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact around the world in 69 countries, all 50 United States, and your backyard. Founded in 1951, the mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. Visit www.nature.org/about-us to learn more.The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, 401k or savings-plan matching for eligible employees, excellent benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.POSITION SUMMARYLatin America Private Engagement Director is responsible for directing engagement with all private entities (individuals, foundations, and corporations) to 1) generate financial resources through philanthropic giving, fee for services or other, 2) expand corporate sustainable practices and 3) create brand visibility opportunities to support Latin America conservation agenda.
* ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
* The Private Engagement Director is primarily responsible for leading all activities related to developing a solid prospect portfolio of US-based individuals and foundations with strong ties or interests in Latin America, as well as, corporations with regional presence, and of effectively engaging them to support TNC conservation work in Latin America. Entities could engage with TNC by philanthropic giving, contracting TNC as advisor for a fee for service, collaborating with TNC to develop sustainable practices, sourcing capital to fund conservation at a return rate, or implementing joined marketing efforts.S/he provides guidance and supervises a team of out-the-door fundraisers/relationship managers located in key US cities (i.e. Miami, New York, San Francisco) and a team that provides critical process and data support.S/he develops plans and strategies to engage targeted audiences. S/he defines key performance indicators and designs and develops processes and tools to monitor them. S/he manages projects and initiatives to achieve results and improve continuously. S/he is responsible for presenting analysis and recommendations to senior leaders in the organization.S/he manages relations and facilitates communications with key stakeholders including senior management, internal teams, donors, and volunteers to achieve program goals. S/he follows a collaborative approach and promotes best practices by leading by example to maximize success across the region.S/he manages priority vendor relationships.S/he may be responsible for volunteer engagement and managing selected trustee relationships.
* RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
* Accountable for meeting strategic goals and objectives, including a $10M+ a year fundraising/revenue goal.
* Responsible for team building and management, including recruitment, objectives setting, professional development, and retaining.
* Plans and leads work that will ensure department and organization-wide goals are achieved.
* Leads strategic initiatives through collaboration with senior-level stakeholders in order to enhance overall performance in accordance with short and long-term objectives.
* Designs and directs complex and diversified projects, coordinating the work of other professionals, managing budget, and ensuring program accountability.
* Develops and administers budget and fundraising objectives, evaluates results and develops corrective strategies as needed.
* Directs or participates in negotiations for complex, high profile or sensitive agreements.
* Makes strategic decisions; decisions made may have program-wide impact and may bind the organization financially or legally.
* Maintains confidentiality of frequently sensitive and emotionally charged information.
* Ensures that programmatic commitments, TNC policies and procedures, financial standards, and legal requirements are met and managed for ethical compliance.
* Travels frequently and on short notice.
* Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements minor physical exertion and/or strain.
* MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field and 8+ years of related experience or equivalent combination, including 3 years of experience in a senior level position.
* Experience in planning and delivering budgetary responsibilities.
* Experience cultivating and managing long-term productive relationships with high-level clients.
* Experience negotiating and closing complex deals.
* Multi-year working experience and strong network in the corporate sector.
* PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Proven organizational and planning skills.
* Ability to set and implement strategies.
* Ability to manipulate, analyze and interpret data.
* Demonstrated experience in creative problem-solving.
* Impactful written and verbal communication skills.
* Demonstrated experience in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
* Fluent in English and Spanish or Portuguese.
* Commitment to the mission and values of The Nature Conservancy.
* Experience working in a large, complex, not-for-profit environment.
* Advanced understanding of fundraising management.
* Experience managing a geographically dispersed team.
* Experience working with international, virtual, and multidisciplinary teams, and with developing and implementing plans with colleagues who are not direct reports.HOW TO APPLYTo apply to position number 44590, submit resume (required) and cover letter separately using the upload buttons. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:
59 p.m. Eastern Time on September 19, 2016.Click 'submit' to apply for the position or 'save for later' to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited. Failure to complete required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration.If you experience technical issues, please refer to our applicant user guide or contact email@example.com.
* The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
* Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of men and women of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
* The successful applicant must meet the requirements of
* The Nature Conservancy's background screening process.
* Job Title:
* Private Engagement Director
* Job ID:
* Full/Part Time:
* Full-Time .