Private Equity Compliance Officer
The Private Equity division of a major global asset management company seeks a Compliance Officer to work closely with the Chief Compliance Officer to ensure a robust and top-of-the-line Compliance program.
The Compliance Officer (CO) will be responsible for the day-to-day implementation of the firm's overall compliance program and ensuring that the organization's activities satisfy all pertinent legal & regulatory requirements.
He/she will be responsible for reviewing and maintaining compliance policies working with internal working with investment staff regarding product development.
The CO will review and interpret Federal Securities laws, and monitor daily implementation of policies and procedures. Responsible for reviewing potential conflicts within the firm, and liaising with the investment staff to resolve any real, or perceived conflicts of interest.
She/he will conduct training on various compliance topics and hold meetings where required. Responsible for managing Control Room processes, wall-crossings, maintenance of Restricted lists, and researching expert network clearance. The CO will collaborate with the Legal Department and outside counsel.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
* With oversight from the CCO, designs, implements, and monitors programs, policies, and practices to ensure that relevant business areas are in compliance with regulatory requirements
* Reports on a regular basis to the CCO and business senior management on the progress of implementation and assisting them in establishing methods to improve efficiency and quality of services
* Periodically works with the CCO to revise the program in light of changes in the needs of the organization and in the law and policies and procedures surrounding RIAs and private equity firms
* Assists the CCO to develop, coordinate, and participate in a multifaceted educational and training program that focuses on the elements of the compliance program
* Seeks to ensure that all appropriate employees and management are knowledgeable of and comply with pertinent federal and state standards
* Coordinates, along with the CCO, internal compliance review and monitors activities including periodic reviews of departments
* Responds, in conjunction with the CCO, to regulatory inquiries as a key point of contact
* Under the direction of the CCO, investigates and acts on matters related to compliance
* Including the flexibility to design and coordinate internal investigations (e.g. responding to reports of problems or suspected violations) and any resulting corrective actions
* Works closely with key managers to identify trends and implement corrective actions in regards to results of the internal audit reports
* Undertakes special compliance-related projects assigned by the CCO (e.g. Forensic testing, ad hoc request)
WORK EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE:
* Minimum 3 - 5 years of Financial Services Industry Experience required with three years of direct Investment Advisor Compliance experience
* Experience with private equity industry and restricted lists preferred
* Compliance experience with the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and the Investment Company Act of 1940
* Experience with the regulatory environment (SEC, CFTC/NFA, FINRA, and ERISA)
* Broad knowledge of federal securities laws and regulations
* Familiarity with trading systems and their compliance component such as Bloomberg, Merrin, Latent Zero, Aladdin, or Charles River is a plus
FORMAL EDUCATION: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
* BA/BS degree in a related field
* MBA or JD a plus
* Certification in a related field of practice is a plus
LICENSE/REGISTRATION/CERTIFICATION: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
* FINRA Series 7 and 24 licensed candidates preferred