Prncpl Firmware Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
ARRIS Group, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONARRIS Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: ARRS) is a world leader in entertainment and communications technology. Our innovations combine hardware, software, and services across the cloud, network, and home to power TV and Internet for millions of people around the globe. The people of ARRIS collaborate with the worlds top service providers, content providers, and retailers to advance the state of our industry and pioneer tomorrows connected world. Together, we are inventing the future. For more information, visit www.arris.com.
Seeking firmware design engineer to design and implement hardware drivers and other BSP functions on cable modems and routers running embedded linux.
- Working closely with other local and remote firmware designers
- Collaboration with hardware design and design/verification test teams
- Remote manufacturing support
- Investigating and resolving problems reported by MSOs
- Supporting standards certification testing
- Considerable hands-on designer testing in a lab environment
Requires B.S. degree in electrical engineering or computer engineering and 7 years related experience.
Desired skills and areas of expertise include:
- Prefers 10 - 13 years experience
- linux programming
- C programming language
- Oscilloscope, Spectrum Analyzer
Relo not provide for this position.
As an EOE/AA employer, ARRIS will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicants race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.