Prncpl Software Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
ARRIS Group, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary
The Principal Software Engineer will lead the development, testing and deployment of ARRIS's next-generation cable modems and set top Boxes.
Candidate will be involved in all phases of software development life cycle including design, implementation, unit testing, software integration, release, post-release customer support.
This position will be located in Sunnyvale, CA
- Experience with embedded Linux or other RTOS, including boot loader, kernel, device drivers, flash-based file systems, in-depth knowledge of device driver and hardware interface would be a plus.
- Expert knowledge in C and good understanding of C
- Expert knowledge in Linux
- Hands on experience in products in the domain of DOCSIS 3.0/3.1, MOCA, WIFI
- Good understanding of the end to end cable video and modem system
- Good understanding of Security: Video, DRM, encryption
- Good understanding of broadcast standards
- Good understanding of various industry standard including 802.11n, 802.11ac, TR-069, TCP/IP, DHCP, MoCA
- Cable modem working experience would be a plus
- Set Top Box working experience would be a plus
- Experience with native / browser based application development
- Hands-on experience in product integration lifecycle
- Experience in debugging complex issues and quick solutions
- Experience in handling customers directly including requirements, communication and debugging field issues
- Should have hands-on experience on using of software tools with special focus on scripting and open source
- Must possess solid software architecture background and be able to demonstrate good leadership skills
- Must possess reliable and robust code practice for the development of highly reliable embedded systems
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical and problem solving skills, hands-on experience on various debug tools
- Candidate must be a team player, energetic, and quick learner
- Onsite customer support is a must
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent experience) and 6 years of software engineering experience.
Linux and C or C a must
As an EOE/AA employer, ARRIS will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicants race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.