This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
ARRIS Group, Inc.
The Principal Software Engineer will lead the development, testing and deployment of ARRIS's next-generation of cable Set Top Boxes.
- Candidate must have at least 10 years of experience in real-time embedded software development.
- Candidate should have strong understanding of video and data delivery networks and CPEs.
- Candidate will be involved in all phases of software development life cycle including design, implementation, unit testing, software integration, release, post-release customer support.
- Candidate will be expected to provide direction for other engineers.
- Candidate is expected to have solid experience in interacting directly with customers.
- - Experience with embedded Linux or other RTOS, including boot loader, kernel, device drivers, flash-based file systems, in-depth knowledge of device driver and hardware interface would be a plus.
- - Experience with native / browser based application development.
- - Expert knowledge in C and good understanding of C .
- - Set Top Box working experience would be a plus.
- - Good understanding of A/V: MPEG, HDMI, SPDIF.
- - Good understanding of DVR: Storage, trick play.
- - Good understanding of Security: Video, DRM, encryption.
- - Good understanding of broadcast standards.
- - Good understanding of various industry standard including 802.11n, 802.11ac, TR-069, TCP/IP, DHCP, MoCA.
- - Hands-on experience in product integration lifecycle.
- - Experience in debugging complex issues and quick solutions.
- - Experience in handling customers directly including requirements, communication and debugging field issues.
- - Should have hands-on experience on using of software tools with special focus on scripting and open source.
- - Must possess solid software architecture background and be able to demonstrate good leadership skills.
- - Must possess reliable and robust code practice for the development of highly reliable embedded systems.
- - Excellent troubleshooting, analytical and problem solving skills, hands-on experience on various debug tools.
- - Candidate must be a team player, energetic, and quick learner.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent experience) and 7 years of software engineering experience.
As As an EOE/AA employer, ARRIS will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicants race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.