This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
NetCentrics is looking for an experienced Problem Analyst/Senior Systems Engineer/Systems Administrator to support our team in Arlington, VA. This candidate should be self-motivated individual with a good understanding of technologies used in a complex technical environment, excellent analytical skills, trend analysis, and problem solving skills. This position is open only to candidates with an active DOD security clearance (Secret and clearable to TS/SSBI). Specific duties include:
* Follow ITIL Problem Management process and procedures
* Acts as a technical lead for junior engineers
* Collaborate, document, and share knowledge
* Provide System Improvement Recommendations (SIRs) for system operations to ensure reliability, performance, cost, capacity and optimal resource utilization
* Use agreed trend analysis techniques on data in BMC Remedy to uncover trends
* Read and interpret logs from systems and 3rd party tools such as Wireshark, ProcMon, Process Explorer, Fiddler, etc
* Perform proactive and reactive root cause analysis to solve complex problems
* Provide leadership overall situational analysis throughout the lifecycle of problem investigation resolution
* Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or equivalent work experience
* Minimum of 6 years of relevant IT work experience
* Solid background with Windows Server, Windows 7, 8.1, 10, VMware, File/Print Services, Active Directory components, including Group Policy, Kerberos, LDAP, DNS, DHCP. Scripting and VNX experience would be a big plus.
* Good written documentation skills
* Understand Microsoft-centric infrastructure
* Working knowledge of Remedy
* Basic knowledge of PowerShell and command line scripts
* 8570 compliant IAT Level II upon start
* ITIL experience
* Must earn MCSA with six months of hire
* Secret clearance is required
NetCentrics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.