Process Automation Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are seeking a Process Automation Engineer to join a Central Maintenance team located in Pueblo, Colorado.
* Support rolling mills and steelmaking production and maintenance at highly automated steel manufacturing plant
* Design, develop, and implement control systems (hardware & software) to improve production times, steel quality, equipment performance, energy consumption, down-time reduction, and process automation
* Obtain complete understanding of company process control systems and their impact on the production line beginning with scrap melting through refining steel, liquid to solid transformation and finished product
* Make recommendations for development action; analyze, modify and improve programmable logic controllers (PLC) and human-machine interfaces (HMI)
* Design and monitor performance indicators, create the necessary bridges between control site and company information systems
* Provide on-going maintenance support and resolution of process control system problems, including taking ownership of such problems to completion
* Write requirements specifications, and high-level design and systems architecture specifications related to control of steel production processes
* Project management responsibilities
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Automated Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent technical education
* Three years work experience
* Experience must include working with Allen-Bradley PLC, drives, HMI software and hardware and ability to read equipment drawings (hydraulic, electrical, pneumatic, etc.)