Process Chemist - Evening Shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPROCESS CHEMIST - EVENING SHIFT
Alcami Corporation is a leading provider of services that encompass the entire process of pharmaceutical drug development from discovery through commercialization. We specialize in analytical chemistry, formulation development, clinical packaging, oral drug delivery and contract manufacturing. The company has experienced significant growth and we have continued to attract the most highly skilled professionals in the industry.
With nearly 800 employees operating out of seven sites in the US and Europe, our combined capabilities include API development and manufacturing are worldly recognized. Come join our team!
Located in Germantown, Wisconsin, Alcami Corporation is part of the growing southeast Wisconsin biotech/pharma cluster. The area boasts global market leaders in contract pharmaceutical services, and a rapidly growing number of academic incubators. A short drive from Chicago, Madison and Milwaukee, Germantown offers residents a small town quality of life with convenient access to major Midwest cities. Residents enjoy an excellent school district and many local recreation attractions, in addition to national sports teams (Green Bay Packers and Milwaukee Brewers and Bucks), and a vibrant waterfront park community that includes world class art museums and children's museums.
We are seeking applicants to join our Process Chemistry Department in the position of Process Chemist. This exciting position is located in Germantown, WI.
KEY RESPONSIBLITIES AND DUTIES:
* Carry out chemical reactions on a gram to multi-kilogram scale.
* Solve common synthetic problems (organic synthesis) and work on reaction mechanisms, applying them to practical execution of given synthesis.
* Optimize conditions of proposed and designed synthetic routes including, but not limited to purity, loadings, equivalents, cycle times, work up procedures and yields.
* Performe routine analytical procedures to monitor reaction progress (i.e. TLC, GC, NMR, HPLC, KF).
* Interpret analytical data and isolate and purify products and intermediates by using standard laboratory techniques.
* Provide clear documentation of all results and procedures.
* Prepare final reports and provide written and verbal updates to supervisors and/or clients.
* Manage and track project progress including monitoring timelines, raw materials, equipment availability and yields to ensure project success.
* Prepare production areas for GMP project initiation or changeover.
We require a Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or a science-related degree with coursework in organic chemistry. Must be willing to work 3:00 pm -11:30pm on 2nd shift, in a team environment, after 2-4 months training on 1st shift.
We invite all qualified applicants to apply. We offer competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and opportunity for advancement.
Alcami Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.