Process Control Engineer Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONReq Id 21481 - Posted 08/14/2016 - Maintenance - Geneseo, New York, US
Responsible for maintaining plant process control systems to ensure optimum efficiency, availability and safety; process control logic systems (PLC s), electronic and pneumatic instruments, PLC controllers, and general project management tools.
- Manages and maintains plant process control system; understands all applicable process technology, equipment, unit operations, and control technology.
- Leads advanced troubleshooting, conducts root-cause analysis, and implements corrective actions
- Define and scope out instrument/controls requirements; establish control system design criteria based on engineering analysis and evaluation.
- Implements control system improvements that ensure manufacturing, construction, installation and operational testing conform to functional specifications, regulatory safety standards and user requirements.
- Familiar with programing PLC, Wonderware and RSView changes and reading ladder logic.
- Develops and maintains PM and PdM programs for process control systems equipment
- Provides automation system design including power distribution, equipment specification, and instrumentation
- Reviews control system spare parts inventory to cost effectively minimize equipment down-time/ensure high plant availability.
- Provides annual budget input to the Maintenance Manager.
- Manages all plant process control projects and start up activities, including tuning of control loops
- Lead or participates in Process Hazard Analyses, Management of Change, Pre Startup Safety Reviews, and Incident Investigations.
- Orders parts and materials within SAP and communicates with vendor technical representatives
- Supervises outside contractor/technicians performing control system repairs/upgrades.
- Ensures contractors work safely and adhere to safety regulations and procedures
- Provides skills and knowledge in Statistical Process Control (SPC) technology to maximize plant asset utilization and produce low cost, quality products.
- Initiates changes to operating procedures; ensure changes are valid and up-to-date.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- BS in Electrical Engineering preferred or Mechanical Engineering
- 5 years of experience in manufacturing environment; chemical and controls preferred
- Experience with Allen Bradley controls/programs, AC and DC drives; other industrial control components and devices.
- Experience programming and troubleshooting Rockwell Automation based PLCs with RSLogix 5000 software.
- Proficient technical skills including ability to utilize electrical meters, calibration devices and other electrical monitoring and troubleshooting tools; ability to read and understand electrical diagrams and drawings.
- Familiarity with flow meters, RTD s, pressure, Ultrasonic and radar level instruments.
- Excellent organizational, communication and project management skills
- Green Belt/Black Belt trained in utilizing statistical tools.
- Strong Proficiency in MS Office; SAP knowledge preferred.
A global chemical company and France s leading chemicals producer, Arkema is building the future of the chemical industry
every day. Deploying a responsible, innovation-based approach, we produce state-of-the-art specialty chemicals that
provide customers with practical solutions to such challenges as climate change, access to drinking water, the future of
energy, fossil fuel preservation and the need for lighter materials. With operations in close to 50 countries, some 19,000
employees and research centers in North America, France and Asia, Arkema generates pro forma annual revenue of some
$8.1 billion, and holds leadership positions in all its markets with a portfolio of internationally recognized brands.,
Arkema Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arkema Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
For more information about the EEOC, please refer to The \\"EEO IS The Law\\" poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.