Process Engineer 9/3/2016
Campbell Soup Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY IMAGINE...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Global Engineering Team is a high performance engineering organization and global business partner in delivering strategic value based solutions and innovative technologies. Our mission is to provide engineering leadership and expertise in support of Campbell's global growth, innovation and Supply Chain strategies.
Technical services is a specialized cross functional team within the engineering organization focused on the resolution of technical issues in Campbell's thermal manufacturing network. As issues arise in the plants that require additional technical support on commercialized systems the team is tasked to leverage the diagnosis of the issue by the plant team, gather additional relevant data, hypothesize, test, and validate solutions.
* Provide manufacturing teams, engineering, packaging, product development, and process safety/quality technical support in the field to resolve issues with commercialized systems and processes.
* Interpret data and system understanding to develop solutions to performance and quality issues
* Incorporate manufacturing references to assess necessary testing plan, documentation and solution validation
* Work cross functionally with partners in manufacturing, engineering, packaging, product development, and process safety/quality to gain alignment on resolution and process to sustain
* Manage technical relationships with key suppliers/vendors and leverage these relationships to provide support for issue resolution.
* Share best practices and key learnings across the network
* Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math Major required. Food Science, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering discipline strongly desired.
* Minimum of 5 to 7 years experience as an engineer in the food or beverage industry required; 8 to 12 years or experience preferred.
* Must have demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to perform in a matrix team based environment.
* Must possess the ability to work independently
* Understands and analyzes complex automated processing equipment and systems, both new and existing, to improve performance.
* Experience with TPM and early equipment management methodology is desired.
* Effective communication and presentation skills
* Experience with processing equipment and systems in the CPG industry is desired. Specific experience with processing equipment and systems in the food industry is a plus. Plant experience is desirable.
* Thorough understanding and direct experience in the design and development of complex, and automated high-volume processing systems.
* Ability to understand and analyze complex processing systems and equipment is a must.
* Must have AutoCAD and MS Office proficiency.
* Travel up to 60% required for WHQ roles
THE COMPANY IS COMMITTED TO PROVIDING EQUAL OPPORTUNITY FOR EMPLOYEES AND APPLICANTS IN ALL ASPECTS OF THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP, WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, CITIZENSHIP, MARITAL STATUS, VETERAN STATUS, DISABILITY, AGE, RELIGION OR ANY OTHER CLASSIFICATION PROTECTED BY LAW.
IN THAT REGARD, U.S. APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES ARE PROTECTED FROM DISCRIMINATION BASED ON CERTAIN CATEGORIES PROTECTED BY FEDERAL LAW. CLICK HERE FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.