This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
Prolacta Bioscience, Inc.
City of Industry, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
This Process Engineer position will be working with Manufacturing, Engineering, and Quality teams to support and improve various aspects of current manufacturing processes, from milk collection to final product filling. Additionally, this position is responsible to support the final product filling, bottle capping, and labeling. The job requires the individual to be hands on, motivated self-starter, work with cross functional teams, strong initiatives and setting up new programs and procedures. Responsible for process improvement to deliver primary manufacturing objectives that include but not limited to safety, compliance, productivity, cycle time, yield, output rates, etc.
Essential Job Functions:
* Develop system to collect, compile and analyze data in determining process performances matrices (e.g. yield, cycle time, Cpk, Cp, etc).
* Design, plan and prepare study protocols for process understanding and improvement.
* Responsible in providing technical inputs and reviews of Manufacturing Records, SOPs, and Non-Conformance write-ups.
* Responsible for production coverage during routine manufacturing, including swing shift on occasionally basis.
* Lead small or mid-scale project to improve process efficiency and cycle-time reduction.
* Design and execute process FMEA and other risk assessments as needed.
* Provide technical solution to engineering team for continuous improvement ideas
* Prepare URS, IQ/OQ/PQ protocol and final report for equipment and utility, including executing of IOPQ.
* Attentive to detail, analytical, and process driven with ability to operate in a complex or matrixed work environment
* Good aptitude in equipment functionality
* Must be hands-on in learning, understanding, and improvement equipment performance and troubleshooting
* Resourceful and think outside of the box in developing solutions
* Good project and time management.
* Strong teamwork, and organizational skills
* Good team spirit with a positive attitude
* Strong initiative and self-starter, process mind
* Knowledge of various problem solving tools (Fishbone diagram, 5 Whys, Is/Is-Not, DMAIC)
* Excellent written and oral communication
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Power Point, Word, Excel, Access, Visio)
* Flexible with work hours which include some mandatory early morning and late night shifts
* BS in Mechanical/Chemical/Industrial Engineering or Biological Science
* 1 to 3 years of experience working with pharmaceutical, biological or nutritional manufacturing equipment in GMP
* Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
* Detail oriented with critical thinking ability.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Prolacta Bioscience, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Prolacta Bioscience, Inc. is committed to a proactive program of affirmative action and diversity development. The Company will continue to recruit, hire, train, and promote into all job levels without regard to race, religion, gender, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, source of income, or veteran status.