Process Engineer - Forging
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 12/10/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Stanley Black & Decker is growing in dynamic new ways and we recognize that the right people, offering their expertise and ideas, will enable us to continue our success. Stanley Black & Decker is one of the world s most recognized and trusted brand names for tools. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service to our customers. We are currently searching for a Wrench Forge Process Engineer to be located at our Farmers Branch, TX manufacturing plant.
The ideal candidate must be a hands-on individual familiar with the manufacturing environment, high energy level, career oriented, interested in advancing our wrench manufacturing areas to the next level. The candidate should be capable of designing tools, fixtures and gages for wrenches manufacturing and related products. He/she will work in a cross-functional team environment to develop processes from brainstorming conception thru final implementation on the plant floor. These projects and process improvement are key to improving capacity and capability and lower costs of our wrench products.
Detailed requirements of the position are thoroughly explained below and are intended to provide a qualification summary for the candidate we are searching for.
* Using statistical analysis and manufacturing engineering techniques, troubleshoots manufacturing processes and develops ways to reduce variability in those processes.
* Ensures product quality, process capabilities, and cost improvements.
* Works closely with Quality Engineering to implement Process Controls and conducts statistical root cause analysis to identify ways to improve and maintain acceptable product quality.
* Refine engineering duties for Forging Process Documented ISO 9001
* Gap/Quality control analysis of current process
* Establish/Document a training program for the key Value Stream function
* Develop training on goals and maintaining metrics(Daily Checks Posted)
* Process Improvements- establish goals
* Pieces per labor improvement plan
* OEE- create plan to improve uptime and to add additional core pieces of equipment
* Monitor and process productivity projects
* Works closely with production and facilities maintenance to troubleshoot and repair problems with production equipment.
* Develops and implements capital improvement projects to provide cost savings to the process.
* Using lean manufacturing techniques and six sigma methodologies develops process improvements and optimal use of manufacturing resources.
* Works with suppliers to ensure incoming quality, and equipment vendors to develop the most efficient use of capital.
* Works closely with Design Engineering to support new product introduction and product upgrades or cost improvement initiatives.
* Develops standard operating procedures which direct the most efficient, cost effective and highest quality process.
* Reduces machine down-time by developing standard work instructions for predictive/preventative maintenance. Identifies the schedule, tools, and supplies needed for proper maintenance of capital equipment.
* Works closely with Finance and Materials to ensure correct manufacturing costs, process routings and bill of materials.
* Passionate: Has a passion for making improvements and getting things accomplished.
* Strong working knowledge of tool and die principles and associated manufacturing processes
* Understanding of forging, broaching, machining, ability to program CNC lathes is a plus.
* Demonstrated ability to apply statistical methods (part/process qualifications and problem solving activities
* Proficient with ProE, or Solid Works, familiar with AutoCad and knowledgeable of geometric dimensioning & tolerancing.
* Proficient with MS Word, Power Point and Excel
* Excellent written/verbal skills required
* Ability to promote creativity and informed risk taking With a sense of urgency to achieve important goals
* Establishes realistic goals and delivers results
* Establishes processes for continuous improvements
* Demonstrates trust in team members and celebrates successes
* Consistently demonstrates the highest level of personal ethical conduct
* Influences through setting examples
* Communicates effectively with employees at all levels, demonstrating and stimulating passion and commitment
* 3-10 hands-on experience in a manufacturing environment including lean/flow manufacturing with relevant exposure to primary manufacturing such as hot forging.
* Bachelors Degree in Engineering (BSME or BS in Mfg. Eng preferred) or 7+ years equivalent experience (significantly and directly related)
* A working knowledge of practical statistics.
* Hands on experience in lean manufacturing implementations, including analysis, design and implementation.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.