Process Engineer, Global Supply Chain
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAs a PROCESS ENGINEER at Pitney Bowes, you thrive on planning and execution and you deliver with precision. You see opportunities where others see challenges.
Build. Deploy. Bridge. Grow.
In this role, you'll join our Global Supply Chain Process Engineering team in Whitestown, Indiana and report to the Director of Engineering and Process Quality. You will be responsible for:
* Initiation, planning and execution of a broad range of process engineering activities including major projects in the areas of product/process design and development.
* Provide direction to production supervisors, along with production and quality personal.
* Provide technical support regarding costs and proactive quality activities such that continuous improvement goals and customer satisfaction results are achieved.
* Create and maintain manufacturing processes and documentation including accurate standards and fully absorbed cost calculations for new and existing products and components.
* Facilitate work groups through various levels of training and performance criteria resulting in fully functional self-directed teams.
* Provide technical direction to lower level process engineers and manufacturing development teams to achieve project goals for new and active products.
* Provide technical direction to development engineers with regard to design for manufacturability, environmental quality, assembly, and injection molding for new products.
* Develop and manage Lean, Continuous Improvement and Six Sigma initiatives.
Identify and resolve problems of externally sourced products and components resulting in improved quality and component certification.* Ensure that operations meet zero discharge requirements.
* Provide new processes for New Product Introductions, work close with NPD Engineers to insure a smooth transition into operations.
* 3-6 years of experience related to appropriate manufacturing processes including: capacity planning, work flow analysis, team facilitation, cost analysis, continuous improvement, Lean Six Sigma, and assembly tool/fixture design
* Experience with Electromechanical devices
* Must have strong communication skills and be a self-starter
* Specialization in one of the following areas: Assembly, Electronics, or Industrial Engineering
* Lean Six Sigma certified preferred, but not required
* Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
At Pitney Bowes, our passionate and ambitious team delivers innovations that help clients navigate the complex and always evolving world of commerce: from helping them use data to market to the best customers, to enabling the sending of parcels and packages efficiently, to securing payments through statements and invoices. In everything we do, we deliver accuracy and precision to drive meaningful impact.
Pitney Bowes is a global technology company offering innovative products and solutions that enable commerce in the areas of customer information management, location intelligence, customer engagement, shipping and mailing, and global ecommerce. Founded in 1920, Pitney Bowes operates around the world, serving more than 1.5 million clients.