Process Engineer 8/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are assisting our client, a global manufacturer of wire and cable for the communications and electrical markets, with a search for a Process Engineer.
The Process Engieer is responsible for coordinating all process improvement initiatives where improvement needs have been identified against specific business issues and for assuring timely and effective results.
PRINCIPLE FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Identify priority areas of process improvement throughout the manufacturing arena.
* Work with the plant staff and coordinate operations to select most appropriate process improvement techniques.
* Work with plant staff to set up process improvement strategies including team based systems; management and leadership training, and supervisory training.
* Help raise the bar of manufacturing excellence by identifying other external sources or benchmarks and identifies opportunities to implement the best in practice techniques within the organization.
* Oversee and coordinate process improvement projects.
* Assist and provide resources as necessary to assure project completion and overall process improvement results.
* Coordinate outside vendors/trainers who may assist in the training and development of process improvement skills.
* Maintain positive relationships with all levels of the team and between departments. Leadership demonstrated through mentorship of one or two cells within the plant.
A results driven individual who has demonstrated ability working in a high performance manufacturing environment.
Proven experience process improvement and project management skills.
Must have good attention to details, but be able to manage the big picture and have a make the numbers mentality.
Must be able to manage multiple, complex tasks and deal easily with pressure on a day in and day out basis.
Must be able to motivate, communicate and drive continuous improvement.
Critical thinker, with excellent analytical abilities.
Good written and oral communication skills.
Solid planning, leadership, and administrative skills.
High energy, demonstrates urgency and fast pace.
* 2 - 3 years process improvement experience.
* Project management and leadership skills.
* Technical training at various levels of the organization.
* Excellent teams skills - as team member and trainer and developer.
BSdegree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Chemical Engineering