Process Engineer / Production Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/14/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Nutrition and Food Manufacturer
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
* Our client is a privately held, start-up, "algae based" nutrition and food manufacturer with an integrated supply chain from algae farming through branded product manufacturing. It's an exciting and complex business due to the fact that they are vertically integrated and are a bio-technology, agricultural, ingredient, nutritional supplement and Food Company all wrapped up into one!
* The Sr. Process Engineer/Production Manager will be responsible for managing this smaller production facility, production staff, budget and will also be responsible for handling Engineering projects as assigned. The production facility employs approximately 30 full time employees.
* This person will monitor and optimize production processes, investigate process discrepancies, propose and test potential solutions. Implement resolutions to improve and refine existing and new processes in a production environment in line with the business strategy, in order to enable the company to use/commercialize the processes.
* Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering- Mechanical, Process, Industrial, or other.Must have at least 5+ years of process engineeringexperience
* MUST have at least 3+ years of Production Management experience in Food Manufacturing.
* Must have demonstrable experience in data analysis and process improvement activities.
* Must have proven experience in process automation systems, business information systems at plant level, advanced process control systems, powder processes and handling systems, hazard studies, process modeling and optimization, and Lean 6 Sigma Green or Black belt
* Must have the ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
* Must have knowledge of production scheduling and production operations
* Must be highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work independently and within teams
* Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
* Must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations
* Must be very assertive and be able to communicate with all levels of management and customers both domestically and internationally.
* Will require flexibility on hours of work between all 24/7 shifts