This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 1/25/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONLooking for a new challenge where your hard work and entrepreneurial spirit will gain you recognition and reward? Then look no further than GAF, a $3 billion company and the largest roofing manufacturer in North America.
GAF, we've built one of the most dynamic, cutting-edge, and successful employee teams in the building products industry (and we've got the financial results to prove it!). Whether it's in our Parsippany, NJ, world headquarters, or at one of our more than 24 manufacturing plants, our standards are high and the opportunities for career advancement are limited only by your desire to succeed.
If you're turned on by the idea of working for a market-leading company, in a fast-paced environment where you can truly make a difference, then GAF may be the place for you.
We are looking for a Process Engineer to be located in our Tampa, FL shingle manufacturing plant. The Process Engineer position is responsible for ensuring proper optimized operations to produce product and develop processes to ensure quality, cost and efficiency plans are met. This position drives for sustainable root cause problem resolution and overall process improvements through use of KT and Kaizen tools, process/quality trials and sound engineering fundamentals. The Process Engineer is also responsible for ensuring process specifications and associated documentation is maintained and communicated/trained.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Track process data (rates, DT, ST, raw materials, waste, etc.) to identify and execute improvements.
Actively lead and participate daily root cause troubleshooting and resolution.
Identify and lead quality and process improvement projects and trials using standard tools such as KT, 6 building blocks, MVT/DOE, Kaizen, 6sigma, etc.
Participate in and lead problem solving and project teams geared towards improving the performance of existing processes and raw material handling.
Provide direct production line - be the process expert.
Evaluate, maintain, implement, and train to process and systems for the production line.
Create, maintain, interpret and apply necessary documentation including process specifications, SPC control charting, etc. to benchmark and improve the process.
Lead and coordinate trials (process improvement, quality, R&D) with both Plant and Corporate personnel.
Ensure proper execution and documentation of the trials.
Assist Tampa team with development of BOM.
Perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering. (Electrical, Mechanical, or Chemical)
* 2-5 yrs. of demonstrated related experience in a manufacturing environment.
* Ability to work in the U.S. without current/future need for GAF visa sponsorship.
* Technical knowledge/skills:
* Familiar with standard Manufacturing concepts, practices and procedures. Knowledge of web based process a plus.
* Demonstrate knowledge of engineering fundamentals.
* Ability to read and interpret specifications and engineering drawings, and P&ID.
* Proficiency using root cause analysis to troubleshoot and solve problems. Demonstrates advanced problem solving skills and has an understanding of Continuous Improvement principles and analytical troubleshooting techniques.
* Ability to interpret, translate and use data to communicate and drive change.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Minitab.
* Knowledge of manufacturing analysis tools such as SPC, process capability studies, lean manufacturing, 5S, 6 sigma, KT, Kaizen, and DOE.
* Demonstrates intermediate to advanced written and verbal communication skills.
6sigma certification a plus.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including 401(k), medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, tuition reimbursement, and a vacation package. At GAF, we believe our employees are our greatest resource.
GAF is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V.
No search Firms please.