This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPROCESS ENGINEER
Disher is an engineering services firm based in Michigan. We are partnered with an automotive supplier, working with their Toledo, Ohio location. We are currently searching for an experienced PROCESS ENGINEER to join their growing team.
The PROCESS ENGINEER is responsible for participating in the development and maintenance of the policies and procedures applicable to the financial operations of the plant in the areas of standard costs, expense budgets, profit planning, forecasting and appropriations.
This role is a direct, full-time position, and not with Disher.
* Plan, direct and coordinate manufacturing processes: Develop, evaluate and improve manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, process variables, tooling and production equipment capabilities, process methods, and quality control standards.
* Analyze and plan work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and work space for maximum efficiency.
* Confer with vendors to determine product guidelines and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials and tooling and evaluates products based upon process window and quality standards.
* Estimate production times, staffing requirements, and engineering and other staff regarding manufacturing production processes.
* Apply statistical methods and data driven problem solving to supply capable equipment, tools, materials and processes to manufacturing.
* Overview initial machine process, document all proposals for improved efficiencies and make adjustments as required.
* Continually monitor all processes related to injection molding.
* Participate in the advanced product quality planning FMEA activities for the development of the control plan for all manufactured parts by the injection molding department.
* Direct all changes or modifications to the control plan resulting from continuous improvement activities as well as internal and external customer requirements.
* Responsible for start-up and set-up of new tools and resins, and for conducting tool and resin trials, including documentation.
* Analyze and resolve process problems as well as initiate and implement cost reduction programs to process technology in molding department.
* Evaluate and propose use of new technology improvement in the molding department.
* Supervise the Process Technician, Resin Processors and Grinders.
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related technical field, or equivalent experiencerequired.
* 3+ years of related experiencerequired.
* 3+ years of experience in the Automotive industry preferred.
* 6 years minimum injection molding experiencepreferred.
* Knowledge of automation systems and controls required.
* Proven ability to train and supervise Process Technicians.
* Proven analytical problem solving skills.
To apply, click the following link, search job # 7936210, and attach resume with your application: http://DISHERdesign.catsone.com/careers
_About DISHER: _
DISHER is a nationally-recognized product development and business consulting firm with offices in Zeeland and Ann Arbor, Michigan and Indianapolis, Indiana. Our team is highly technical and diversified, serving in a variety of markets including automotive, office furniture, alternative energy, and medical. Our capabilities span from napkin sketch through launch, providing numerous opportunities for us to partner with clients in product and process development. DISHER also assists clients with business solutions and Talent identification and attraction. Check out more about what we do at http://www.DISHER.com/about-us/