JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
Under the direction of the Manager, Custom Engineered Products, the engineer will direct and continuously improve CEP manufacturing processes to meet CEP operation objectives, including maximizing on time delivery, consistent product quality and lowest possible costs. Work directly with CEP Sales and Marketing, CEP Engineers, CEP Master Planner, and internal and external manufacturing resources to accomplish these goals. Develop and maintain the professional skills needed to improve CEP business opportunities and assure personal success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES (Mechanical or Metallurgical Engineering) preferred.
* Preferred work experience of 1 - 10+ years in manufacturing with emphasis on metalworking (forging, extrusion, etc.) and machining processes. Advanced degree in lieu of experience.
* Experience working with customers and internal sales to meet customer requirements and expectations preferred.
* Only U.S. Citizens or Aliens who have a legal right to work in the United States are eligible for employment in the United States. If hired, can you present evidence of your US Citizenship or proof of your legal right to work in the U.S
* Ability to work safely in manufacturing environment.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills with operators, peers, managers and customers. Must be effective at facilitating group activity and able to work well with teams.
* Ability to read blueprints.
* Proficient with SAP, Microsoft Office Suite, and CAD.
* Certified Green Belt or Black Belt in Lean Manufacturing / Six Sigma methods.