This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
West Monroe, LA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Title: Process Engineer
Division: Beverage Packaging
Location: West Monroe, LA
Reports to: Department Manager
MISSION / SUMMARY:
This developmental role will result in multiple assignments throughout the plant and will provide technical support within the assigned departments. This position will work closely with assigned mentors to develop and implement best practices to improve safety, quality, productivity and cost reduction.
The successful candidate will provide support for process improvement projects including, but not limited to, reviewing printing and finishing processes, providing support for mechanical improvements, support for trials and investigations of new technologies. This position will support the plant's Key Performance Indicators (KPI) management system as required. This will include updating operator rounds, auditing of operations for out of range process variables and working with management and hourly employees to correct out of range KPI's.
Drive best practices in safe operations and ensure the safety of all operations, maintenance and staff personnel.
Needs to be self-starter, be self-directed, take initiative to move forward with ideas, be committed and be able to work with and influence others. Must learn quickly and analyze the data.
* Review daily production and quality data, analyzes production and operation issues.
* Responsibilities include implementing manufacturing processes, troubleshooting process, equipment issues, data collection and analysis.
* Manage trails, identify process improvements.
* Assist key personnel in outage planning and operational scheduling.
* Analyze weekly and monthly process trends.
* Monitors departmental cost, develop capital project scope and budget.
* Training of hourly and salary personnel, reviews work and vacation schedules.
* Assist in the preparation of yearly cost and production budgets.
* Cover vacancies for Reliability Engineer
1 Action Oriented
2 Problem Solving / Technical Skills
3 Drive for Results
4 Timely Decision Making
5 Priority Setting
6 Conflict Management
7 Directing Others
8 Computer software (i.e. EXCEL, WORD, POWERPOINT, SAP)
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
* Bachelor Degree - Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other engineering discipline