This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Carestream Health, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Engineer will be responsible for developing understanding of the Carestream Health Colorado polyester film making process and of its customers needs.
This position s main responsibilities include:
1. Develop understanding of the needs of the customers, translate them into product specifications and define set-points and limits for process conditions needed to meet those specifications;
2. Define adequate control strategy for critical process parameters;
3. Establish adequate testing plans to guarantee expected levels of product quality;
4. Assist in the introduction of new products to the production line and making those products manufacturable;
5. Develop in-depth process understanding, performing process characterizations through statistical methods and modeling;
6. Regularly monitor process variables to maximize product conformance, minimize waste and maximize machine availability;
7. Troubleshoot production problems affecting quality, waste or machine availability and implement corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence.
8. Constantly seek reductions in process variability as a way to maximize process performance (reduce waste, increase machine availability, increase conforming roll performance, reduce department expenses);
9. Propose and lead improvement projects, assessing and documenting the risk associated with the process and equipment changes;
10. Pareto process problems to prioritize corrective actions and improvement projects;
11. Leads validation of process and equipment changes to assure product quality, often involving internal and external customers;
12. Support operations:
a. Maintain operational documentation of process parameters and set-points;
b. Create and maintain corrective action guidelines;
c. Provide training to increase overall knowledge about the process;
d. Identify opportunities to simplify operational procedures (through poke yoke and automation for example) and therefore reduce variability in the outcomes of the operational interventions;
e. Suggest procedure changes to improve safety, process performance and product conformance.Bachelors Degree