Process Excellence Consultant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
The Process Excellence Consultant will join the Process & Technology Excellence Organization, charged with applying Lean Six Sigma and other analytical and data-based evaluation tools to develop sustainable process improvements throughout U.S. Steel. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the deployment of the Carnegie Way initiatives throughout U. S. Steel. Through coaching, training and the application of Lean Six Sigma techniques, the Process Excellence Consultant will support the analysis, facilitation, reporting and providing recommendations for process improvements that will improve quality, reduce costs and establish appropriate process metrics and process controls at all U. S. Steel facilities. Will also serve as a Master Black Belt Consultant for the US Steel Corporation.
- Work in coordination with senior leadership to support attainment of mission goals and requirements and sustainment of the Carnegie Way.
- Provide coaching for senor leadership and other designated personnel in the use of Lean Six Sigma tools and methodology
- Advise and coach senior leadership and project sponsors in initial data collection, analysis and synthesis of results, root cause analysis, on-going statistical process monitoring and recording process improvements.
- Train and coach project sponsors to drive project execution and deployment of the Carnegie Way throughout U. S. Steel
- Conduct classroom instruction for Lean Six Sigma courses as well as Executive/Project Sponsor Workshop, Project Identification and Selection Workshop.
- Connects project sponsors and teams to Subject Matter Experts (SME) as required.
- Responsible for deploying SPRINT initiatives across U. S. locations.
- Develops and implements/executes predictive analytical tools based on trending and analysis of real time process variables. Deploys those tools throughout U. S. Steel.
- Supports and improves statistical process control analysis conducted by local project teams and synthesis using Lean Six Sigma tools and methodology.
- Collects and reports sustainable cost savings from past project implementation from all U. S. locations.
- Supports the identification of new projects at all U. S. Steel locations.
- Monitors achievement of project milestones and communicates results at the corporate level.
- Prepares presentations for regular project reviews from technical, quality, and cost aspects at the corporate level
- Coaches local senior leadership on the establishment of transformation teams
- Responsible for building self-sufficient Carnegie Way capability in local teams
- Develops lessons learned and best practices with local operational excellence leaders and other team members.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- B.S. degree technical or math
- Master Degree preferred
- 5 years of experience applying Black Belt Six Sigma tools (statistical process control, Minitab, OSIsoft PI System) in developing projects.
- Have a valid/recognized Master Black Belt -BB- (or equivalent) certification
- Demonstrated analytical ability, problem solving, project management and communication skills.
- Successful and effective team experience.
- Microsoft Office proficiency.
BUSINESS CONTRIBUTION/IMPACT AND LEADERSHIP (applies to exempt jobs only):
Describe the job s impact on the business, as well as the level of leadership needed for success. (Provide quantitative data. i.e., steel shipments, raw material production, annual direct sales, operating budget, payroll of employees supervised, etc.)
Supports multiple factories
Oversees multimillion dollar savings
Coordinate the efforts of project teams at the plants, identifying and driving high visibility and high dollar value projects.
As an individual contributor, qualified candidates for this role also must demonstrate the ability to champion change and effective communication while contributing to team success.
Equal Employment Opportunity
U. S. Steel is a principled company committed to its core values of safety, diversity & inclusion, environmental stewardship, results & accountability, and focus on cost, quality, and customer. We promote an environment of respect, communication, and collaboration encouraging new ideas that drive innovation and our collective success. U. S. Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.