Process Improvement Manager
The Value Stream PPI Business System Leader is responsible for leading continuous improvement initiatives and fostering a continuous improvement culture in the Value Stream. The Leader coaches and mentors in PPI tools and techniques, increasing the Value Stream's continuous improvement capacity and engagement. This individual will work closely with the Value Stream Leadership Team to identify and prioritize PPI initiatives that are aligned with Value Stream business objectives.
* Partner with Value Stream Leadership to ensure there is an active pipeline of PPI projects aligned to business priorities, metrics and results.
* Lead efforts to create a continuous improvement culture at all levels of the Value Stream.
* Identify and implement opportunities to improve continuous improvement processes, practices and results in the Value Stream.
* Ensure PPI projects accurately identify root cause and/or systemic issues, and resolve issues using effective countermeasures.
* Partner with other Value Stream members to ensure solutions are successfully implemented and are delivering intended results. Take appropriate countermeasures as needed if results are not as expected.
* Identify and pursue synergy opportunities across projects, issues and areas.
* Lead/facilitate PPI projects as required.
* Act as a Role Model Leader, with a positive mindset and a passion to achieve short- term and long-term goals.
* Educate Value Stream employees on PPI Business System theory and application through project work, individual mentoring, formal classroom training, and other methods as beneficial.
* Partner with other PPI Leaders internally and externally to share best practices.
* Performs all job duties in a safe manner, consistent with the Code of Ethics and the 4-I Values, and follows all ISO standards, Company and site policies and guidelines, and regulatory or statutory requirements.
* Performs other duties and responsibilities, as needed.
* Bachelor's degree in business management, statistics or engineering strongly preferred; equivalent applicable work experience may be considered.
* At least 5 years of experience with Continuous Improvement methodologies, tools and application; 10+ years preferred.
* 5+ years working experience in a manufacturing environment with ISO quality standards strongly preferred.
* Experience with Injection Molding a plus.
* Leadership or supervisory experience a plus.
* Ability to conduct critical analysis and assessments to develop strategic action plans.
* Demonstrated ability to solve problems through effective application of root cause analysis and countermeasure methodology.
* Experienced in advanced data collection, measuring, analysis, improvement and control. Understands and applies the PDSA cycle.
* Ability to effectively lead project teams through entire improvement cycle, starting with project definition and ending with standardization of solutions.
* Ability to act as a change agent- Lead and manage change effectively, by systematically driving use of Lean tools for continuous improvement and change throughout operations.
* Strong project management & facilitation skills.
* Experience in teaching through formal sessions as well as individual mentoring.
* Actively models our 4-I Values (Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement).
* Strong Innovation skills.
* Demonstrated learning agility.
* Strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to interface & influence effectively at all organizational levels.
* Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
* Strong ability to effectively use judgment and make decisions.
* Excellent prioritization, time management, and organizational skills.
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
* Has working knowledge of various business functions (Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering, Human Resources and Financial).
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
* Ability to travel as required,