Process/Maintenance Engineer Intern
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 2/2/2017
Lhoist North America
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
* Complete project(s) outlined in the Project Plan developed by management.
* Be flexible; able to support team in handling short/no notice demands.
* Proactively seek work and opportunities to learn.
* Professionally communicate with various levels in the organization.
* Openly communicate with your manager and/or mentor regarding project status, roadblocks encountered, and goals met.
* Work in an efficient and effective manner, helping to continuously improve processes at your work location.
* Assimilate to LNA culture by:
* Displaying our corporate values of Respect, Integrity, and Courage.
* Working safely (possibly around heavy equipment).
* Being a valued team member.
* Formally present project overview to Senior Leaders at Intern Closing Session and to local management at the close of the program.
* Be curious and eager/open to learning new skills.
* Participate in all Intern Program related activities (i.e. orientation, mid-term session, closing session, completion of forms, etc.)
* Ability to transport themselves to and from work location.
ATTRIBUTES: WHAT ARE THE ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES FOR THIS POSITION?
* Strong analytical skills.
* Curious & open to feedback.
* Positive and proactive attitude.
* Able to interact with different levels of seniority.
* Effective communication; both orally and in writing.
* High learning agility.
* Languages: English is mandatory. Bilingual a plus.
* Willingness to travel, if necessary.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: No prior internship required, but preferred. Leadership experience is a plus.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: Completion of 2 consecutive years of college level coursework in related field required.
Lhoist North America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
LANGUAGE SKILLS (DESIRABLE)