Process Management Batch Lead (3981)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
Duquesne Light Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONDuquesne Light Company, headquartered in downtown Pittsburgh, is a leader in providing electric energy and has been in the forefront of the electric energy market, with a history rooted in technological innovation and superior customer service. Today, the company continues its role as a leader in the transmission and distribution of electric energy, providing a secure supply of reliable power to more than half a million customers in southwestern Pennsylvania.
Duquesne Light Company, headquartered in downtown Pittsburgh, is a leader in providing electric energy and has been in the forefront of the electric energy market, with a history rooted in technological innovation and superior customer service. Today, the company continues its role as a leader in the transmission and distribution of electric energy, providing a secure supply of reliable power to more than half a million customers in southwestern Pennsylvania.
Job Family: Information Technology
Discipline: Process Management
Career Level: Expert II
Department: Computing Platforms
FLSA Status: Exempt
* Analyzes and measures the effectiveness of existing business processes and develops sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable business process improvements
* Creates best business practices within and outside the organization using benchmark data
* Collects and analyzes process data to initiate, develop and recommend business practices and procedures that focus on enhanced safety, increased productivity, and reduced cost
* Specializes in one or more of the following areas: benchmarking, business process analysis and reengineering, change management and measurement, process-driven systems requirements
* Directly manages the overall day-to-day operation and service delivery for the Oracle batch process
* Responsible for monitoring the batch process and recommending appropriate changes to improve overall nightly performance
* Identify critical path jobs and ensure successful completion within the batch window
* Has authority to make process-related decisions.
* This is the highest level individual contributor position
* Subject Matter Expert (SME)
* Role typically requires greater than 12 years of experience
* Develops process maps, procedures, methods and other associated process documentation
* Leads process workshops with cross functional groups to develop optimal work processes.
* Identifies process characteristics that are critical to quality, delivery and cost.
* Identify process gaps, gather associated data, investigate cause- effect to properly identify improvement opportunities and refine/ develop KPI s.
* Performs investigative data analytics to support the process/data owners and drive to a high quality level of data
* Align processes with industry standards
* Understands the batch flow; able to identify schedule impacts due to projects/issues;
* Manage and track batch performance, creates daily dashboard;
* Participates actively in projects to identify batch impact and necessary modifications
Effectively prioritize batch jobs; resolve issues; identify critical path jobs
* Works with and supports stakeholders through process improvement, process design changes and optimizations
* Develop and maintain positive relationships across the organization
* Identify stakeholders and obtain signoffs related to process/ tools design or improvements elaborated in the operational assessments
* Support change management/ training through process changes
* Alerts stakeholders when batch will be impacted or when batch is not completing
* Ensure stakeholder satisfaction by identifying modifications that will improve the batch schedule
Business Benefits Realization
* Supports routine audits on processes to ensure practices/ procedures are up to date and benefitting the business
* Works with the process owners to define the initiative business value for the organization for intake.
* Supports the process owners on communication of updated processes/ procedures
* Improving Organizational Capabilities in Process Management Improving HOW we get the job done
* Improving Team Capabilities
* Leadership (by influence): Mentors Process Engineers
* Leadership (by influence); Collaboration: Provides thought leadership in Process Improvement Strategy
* Improving Personal Capabilities
* Driving Results: Six-Sigma Black Belt/ ITIL/ DRI Certifications
* Driving Results: Additional certifications (PMP, APIC's, AGILE)
* Driving Results: Additional education (MBA, Master's degree)
* Innovation / Adaptability, Collaboration, Leadership: Focuses on leadership/ development areas (communications, strategy)
* Domain / Industry Knowledge
* Takes initiative to gain knowledge and insight in the evolving energy industry ecosystem
* Reviews and understands filings relevant to their program
* Attends industry related conferences / events
Normally directs the work flow of a given Group / Specialty Discipline.
Duquesne Light Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all people in all aspects of the employment relationship, without discrimination because of race, age, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran or any other unlawful basis, as defined by applicable law, and fostering a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and retaliation. This policy affects decisions including, but not limited to, hiring, compensation, benefits, terms and conditions of employment, opportunities for promotion, transfer, layoffs, return from a layoff, training and development, and other privileges of employment. An integral part of Duquesne Light's commitment is to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws concerning equal employment and affirmative action.