This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 1/25/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONLooking for a new challenge where your hard work and entrepreneurial spirit will gain you recognition and reward? Then look no further than GAF, a $3 billion company and the largest roofing manufacturer in North America.
At GAF, we've built one of the most dynamic, cutting-edge, and successful employee teams in the building products industry (and we've got the financial results to prove it!). Whether it's in our Parsippany, NJ, world headquarters, or at one of our more than 24 manufacturing plants, our standards are high and the opportunities for career advancement are limited only by your desire to succeed.
If you're turned on by the idea of working for a market-leading company, in a fast-paced environment where you can truly make a difference, then GAF may be the place for you.
We are looking for a Process Manager with strong interpersonal, written and oral communications skills to manage multi plant process development and process improvement initiatives and projects. The projects may be developmental in nature, may include the application of existing technologies and may include capital project engineering and management. Projects are managed from inception through start up and distribution, requiring coordination with multiple business functions.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Seamlessly manage project details, ensuring safe, timely and high-quality solutions.
* Provide technical support for plant initiated process improvement and cost reduction efforts.
* Assist the plant in the development of process improvement plans.
* Apply standard GAF systems to ensure that project documentation exists to facilitate future application of technology and initiatives.
* Assist plant personnel with the design and management of plant trials.
* Ensure that trials are planned, accurately conducted, and reported while maintaining safety.
* Develop and submit detailed analysis, justifications, project reports and presentations to leaders at multiple levels within the organization.
* Perform research required to improve and develop processes.
* Partner with plant personnel to optimize current processes.
* Coach and train employees in techniques used to identify sources of process variation.
* Lead project reviews including the application of management tools such as Kepner-Tregoe.
* Drive the development and share best practices supporting manufacturing.
* Lead best practice technical review meetings.
* Promote a culture of continuous improvement using process improvement tools (SPC, Process Building Blocks, Fishbone Diagrams, KT, MVT, data analysis, etc.).
* Facilitate cross functional understanding of process management necessities.
* Provide training in the use of process improvement tools.
* Evaluate new technologies and equipment making recommendations addressing potential use or further development.
* As requested provide technical guidance to support 3rd party supplier audits, roof inspections, and claims evaluations.
* Provide technical support to the plants as change notices (RCN's / TDN's) and trial requests (PTR's) are generated.
* Provide on-site plant trial support as project and plant needs require.
* Provide process support to the plants when technical assistance is needed.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* BS degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering with 7 to 10 years of demonstrated experience in a batch mixing manufacturing environment.
* Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S., without current or future requirement for sponsorship of an employment-based visa status
* Knowledge of batch mixing and various types of mixing technologies
* Knowledge of multiple resin technologies, preferably acrylic, silicone, urethane.
* Understanding of chemical mixtures
* Familiar with common industry test methods/ physical properties for liquid mixtures
* Knowledge of powder dispersion mixing techniques and the benefits/ drawbacks of multiple methods
* Understand water-based and solvent-based mixing systems
* Proficiency in Microsoft Project, Excel and Word.
* Experience using variation reduction techniques to identify sources of special cause variation and provide common cause variation reduction.
* Demonstrated record of applying process variation reduction tools and engineering solutions resulting in manufacturing process improvement.
* Demonstrated safety leadership skills.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to lead project teams.
* Experience in continuous web machine operation or design.
* Knowledge of the roofing process and ASTM Roofing Codes is preferred.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including 401(k), medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, tuition reimbursement, and a vacation package. At GAF, we believe our employees are our greatest resource.
GAF is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V.
No search firms please.