Process Manager; Project Management ComplexConstruction Resource Planning (PMCCRP) Gas
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
PROCESS MANAGER; PROJECT MANAGEMENT COMPLEXCONSTRUCTION RESOURCE PLANNING (PMCCRP) GAS
JOB ID 20163079 DATE POSTED 09/07/2016 Description
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The successful candidate will take responsibility for delivering process improvements within our end to end processes and support the overall Performance Excellence Strategy.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to conducting data collection and analysis to support process improvement projects to reduce cost and complexity across the enterprise. As a Process Manager, the candidate will draft and review project deliverables and analysis such as value-stream mapping and statistical analysis. The candidate will interact with senior leadership and subject matter experts to develop solutions that improve process performance by increasing productivity and efficiency and/or managing process demand while enhancing the customer experience. The Process Manager will contribute to projects across the organization focused on reducing cost and complexity. This position requires an individual with excellent verbal/written communication skills and has the ability to deliver significant business results.
The candidate will be expected to support the following strategic and support activities within NATIONAL GRID to drive value and performance:
PERFORMANCE EXCELLENCE (PEX)
This role involves working with the management team to support the development and implementation of NATIONAL S GRID Performance Excellence Strategy. The candidate will personally help to support teams on PEx and ensure that the new ways of working are established and retained within NATIONAL GRID S ORGANIZATION.
PROJECT AND PROGRAM MANAGEMENT
The role will include managing and facilitating operational teams on small to medium LEAN projects to drive efficiency and value. Responsibilities include:
-Coaching & facilitating teams to deliver projects across functions.
-Organizing and facilitating workshops to define issues and develop solutions
-Manage medium to large programs through to delivery
-Ability to craft & deliver presentations to both management and field crew level
The individual will be expected to manage the delivery of several projects during the year, with the use of appropriate resources and team members, to streamline and continuously improve processes.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
* As a qualified Performance Excellence - Process Manager, lead LEAN projects across BUSINESS FUNCTIONS. Acting as an internal consultant to make professional recommendations for business improvements, whilst facilitating and coaching others on projects and LEAN techniques.
* Directly responsible for delivering up to 2-4 function wide Performance and or E2E Projects per year
* Directly responsible for delivering significant operational improvements and financial benefits to meet annual targets. FOR EXAMPLE; Type 1 (hard savings), Type 2 (cycle or process improvements that may or may not go to the bottom line), Type 3 (improvements such as customer satisfaction, cost avoidance fines, bad debt, etc.).
* Experienced process improvement practitioner with a focus on driving cost and complexity reduction
* Execute complex process improvement initiatives affecting multiple functions or businesses.
* Serve as a dedicated resource working directly with leaders and staff to support process improvement.
* Report and communicate the results from process improvement efforts to the leadership team.
* Act as a change agent/coach to instil and sustain changes.
* Build positive relationships and credibility with the functional process team and local operations teams.
* Develop an understanding of the operational work being performed and associated processes and garner the respect of field-based employees.
* Motivate functional process team working on projects within a matrix reporting structure.
* Engage people and develop them through team work and a high level of participation.
* Assess change readiness and prepare plan for helping stakeholders through change.
* Provide training and mentorship on Lean process improvement analysis.
* Drive high quality results.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & TECHNICAL KNOW HOW:
1.0 PROCESS IMPROVEMENT
* LEAN / Six Sigma Black Belt qualified.
* Identify and manage project risks and issues that impact project progress.
* Prepare detailed plans to track project performance and assure timely completion and achievement of project deliverables.
* Develop practical solutions and methodologies to solve complex business problems.
* Coach, mentor and assist project team.
* Develop internal and external content for leadership team presentations.
* Ensure deployment of common solutions across the business.
* Identify and present new project opportunities to leadership.
* Develop and share best practices among fellow Process Managers.
* Inspire confidence and lasting change with field crews on process improvements.
2.0 FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
* Partner with Finance to develop and track project metrics.
* Monitor performance and improvement in key metrics.
* Deliver significant operational improvement and financial benefits to meet annual targets.
3.0 LEADERSHIP SKILLS
3.1 TEAM MANAGEMENT
* Experience in leading a cross functional team to deliver tangible business benefits.
* Builds relationships at all levels of the organization.
3.2 INFLUENCING SKILLS
* Experience of working with and influencing key stakeholders.
* Strong communication skills both oral & written.
* Ability to present articulately at committees, field crew settings, and stakeholder forums.
* Understanding of change management challenges related to process improvement.
* Work in an Operations based environment.
3.3 STRATEGIC THINKING
* Ability to think across different processes and provide innovative solutions.
* Acts as a catalyst for change.
3.4 RELATIONSHIP SKILLS
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Passionate about customer experience and helping the team to achieve its vision.
* Confident and able to challenge behaviours and issues.
3.5 STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT
* Ability to identify, understand, and prioritize stakeholders.
* Ability to build, monitor, sustain stakeholder engagement and correct when necessary.
* Requires a BA or BS DEGREE OR HIGHER in an engineering, finance, business, or technical discipline from an accredited college or university.
* Bachelor s Degree or 5 Years Job Related Equivalent Experience.
* Black Belt in Six Sigma and / or LEAN (desirable).
TRAVEL (IF APPLICABLE):
* Travel is required for this position within the State of Mass, NY and RI.
NATIONAL GRID IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT VALUES A BROAD DIVERSITY OF TALENT, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE.WE FOSTER A CULTURE OF INCLUSION THAT DRIVES EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT TO DELIVER SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE TO THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE.NATIONAL GRID IS PROUD TO BE AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. WE ENCOURAGE MINORITIES, WOMEN, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES AND PROTECTED VETERANS TO JOIN THE NATIONAL GRID TEAM.
:Proj Mgmt & Constr
:Sep 6, 2016, 11:00:00 PM