Process Performance Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
Holly Hill, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
The function of the Process Performance Engineer is to act as a safety leader in the plant by demonstrating a personal commitment to working safely and ensuring that the plant continues to eliminate work related risks by increased use of hazard recognition techniques; function as a strong advocate and leader in promoting a safe working environment for all employees at the plant.
* Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
* Manage resources to ensure understanding and compliance with environmental regulations and Holcim's sustainable development objectives including the implementation of ISO 14001 system.
* Develop an understanding of quality control in the cement manufacturing process from the quarry operation to the customer. Raw material physical and chemical properties, clinker and coating formation, fuel preparation, cement physical and chemical properties, and the implementation of the ISO 9001 system.
* Function as an integral member of the Holly Hill team with a focus on plant performance and continuous improvement
* Optimize thermal energy on the kiln system through heat and mass balances, false air investigations, cooler air balances and combustion system checks and raw and finish mill audits.
* Maximize OEE on kiln system by optimizing refractory and chain systems, expert optimizer control system and standard operating procedures.
* Develop skills to conduct mill audits on raw and finish mill systems to maximize production rate. Develop accurate budget on liners and grinding media. Learn and optimize the linkman mill operating system.
* Develop a clear understanding of performance KPI s including but not limited to the following: Equipment OEE, Rate Index, MTBF, Availability, Thermal Energy (MJ/Ton), Electrical Energy consumption (Kwh/Ton) and production and sales volumes.
* Develop basic skills to fill production supervisor and production manager positions as needed.
* Assist in the implementation of suitable AFR materials.
* Utilize the Aspen process data historian (PDH) to evaluate process equipment on a daily basis.
* Participate in Holcim s performance process engineering program to include attending process engineer training courses and completion of the annual process scorecard.
* Coordinate and communicate with suppliers and contractors of systems/equipment/services.
* Assist in the planning and execution of kiln and mill system outages.
* Develop SAP transaction skills in the PP, PM and BW modules for production data entry, maintenance notifications, purchase requisitions and reports.
* Assist in the completion of the Holcim Annual Technical Report (ATR).
* Serve as trainer/coach to develop comprehensive process knowledge throughout the plant.
* Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: Bachelor's/Undergraduate Degree
Additional Education Preferred: Bachelor's/Undergraduate Degree
Field of Study Preferred: Process, Ceramic, Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical engineering or metallurgical engineering degree is preferred
Required Work Experience: 5-7 years
* Excellent leadership, coaching, and interpersonal skills in a "team" setting exhibiting a high degree of initiative and self-direction.
* Demonstrated strong planning and organizational skills; detail oriented.
* Make sound decisions based on a thorough analysis of available data/information, and follows up on critical issues.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly convey information and ideas to individual or groups.
* Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or work environment.
* Flexible and adjusts to changing priorities; capable of being a change agent and motivating others towards a vision of the future.
* Initiate action to achieve goals beyond what is required - proactive and innovative with cost and safety conscious in approach to process improvement.
* Demonstrate technical proficiency for area of responsibility and the ability to translate technical information to non-technical staff
* Required Computer and Software Skills: Strong computer skills, including spreadsheet and database applications; Experience with SAP strongly preferred.
* Travel Requirements: 20% or less
Internal controls providing reasonable assurance of effective and efficient operations, including actions to prevent and detect fraud and protect Company resources
LICENSE TO LEAD OH&S COMPETENCIES
* Implements OH&S Mission: Ensures alignment of OH&S activities arising from OpCo OH&S mission
* Ensures adequate OH&S organization: Ensures relevant actions are taken so that OH&S requirements are met
* Identifies Hazards & Control Risks: Actively manages risks by ensuring that all related control activities are implemented thoroughly
* Manages Incidents: Drives committed and effective incident management
* Execute and monitor all respective internal controls, ensuring efficient/effective activities that support organizational objectives, while adhering to applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures
Lafarge North America Inc., Holcim (US) Inc., and Aggregate Industries Management, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. We embrace diversity in our people, products and ideas. We sincerely appreciate all applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
AMERICA\'S JOB EXCHANGE SOURCE CODES :
AJETR+00, AJETR+01, AJETR+02 ,AJETR+03, AJETR+04, AJETR+05, AJETR+06, AJETR+07, AJETR+08
STATE SPECIFIC SOURCE CODE: