Processing Engineering Planner/Scheduler - Day Shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Esterline Technologies Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Esterline Technologies Corporation
Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. At Hytek Finishes, we provide specialized surface treatments, chemical finishing and non-destructive testing to the aerospace and defense industry. We hold processing approvals for every major airframe manufacturer and process parts for a base of over 600 customers worldwide.
Company Name: Hytek Finishes is a subsidiary of Esterline Technologies Corporation and a member of the Esterline Engineered Materials platform of companies.
Industry: Aerospace/Defense Products & Services
Number of Employees: 250
Title: PE Planner Scheduler
Job Family: Process Engineering
Reports to: Process Engineering Manager
Works with: Production, Materials, Customer Service, Quality, Product Certification
Location: Kent, WA, USA
Type: Full Time
A PE 1, Planner/Scheduler works to create accurate production process Plans and Schedules from customer supplied purchase orders, specifications, work packets and other documentation.
* Enters or creates new configurations when no previous planning exists in a sequence of operations using the PO, Drawing, Spec Requirements as well as any special instructions such as CMM/OHM s.
* International orders are to be entered accurately into Trade Compliance OCRE system.
* Reviews drawings, and customer purchase orders for accuracy and uses problem solving abilities to resolve any discrepancies.
* Correctly uses hold procedures including placing parts in correct locations and contacting appropriate individuals to resolve issues.
* Reviews specification and/or drawing revision levels, special instructions and handling or packaging requirements to ensure accuracy in planning.
* Independently communicates with the appropriate contact person including both internal and external customers, giving verbal and written information about a job currently in process; answers technical questions regarding the process to assist in resolving issues.
* Actively participates in Hytek Finishes continuous improvement activities. Utilizes Lean principles to determine best practices throughout the Process Engineering function and consistently works to develop and improve job flow launch from point of receipt to first operation delivery.
* Promotes Quality Assurance s efforts by ensuring timely reporting of questions, concerns, or damage regarding job processing.
* As a PE Team Member, works and participates with Kaizen Team that is tasked with establishing and setting up process flow for specific projects/jobs.
* Maintains a clean and organized work area to facilitate efficient department operations.
* Other related duties as needed or assigned.
* Must have the ability to read, write and communicate in English - including the ability to read written purchase orders and paperwork.
* Must be able to take direction from others and have the ability to work in a team environment.
* Must have the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
* Basic math skills are required.
* Good penmanship, spelling and proof-reading abilities are essential as well as the ability to provide extra attention to detail and maintain a high degree of accuracy.
* Must be computer literate and have a good working ability in Microsoft Office products as well as ERP system experience is desired, Syteline experience preferred
* Must have the ability to maintain professional relationships with both internal and external customers.
* Listening and communication skills are essential for success in this position.
* Customer Focus - Knows and understands the needs of internal and external customers. Is results oriented and works hard to consistently provide exceptional service.
* Ethics and Values - Adheres to an effective set of core values and beliefs and acts in accordance. Rewards the right values and disapproves of others.
* Problem Solving - Looks beyond the obvious to find effective solutions.
* Integrity and Trust - Widely trusted and seen as direct and truthful.
* Functional/Technical Skills - Possesses the skills to be effective in the job. Has the skills to perform the job at a high level of accomplishment.
* Listening - Practices active and attentive listening, able to hear others.
* Action-oriented - Full of energy, willing to take action.
* Composure - Cool under pressure, not knocked off balance by the unexpected, is a settling influence.
* Values Diversity - Supports fair and equal treatment for all.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
* Must have at least 1 year experience working in a quality environment, specifically in a production job shop.
* Aerospace industry experience preferred, some knowledge of the surface finishing industry is a plus.
* Candidates must also possess a general knowledge of aerospace specifications and have general blueprint reading ability.
* 1+ year of customer service experience is required.
Essential Mental/Physical Demands
Extensive use of hands in writing, use of computer and other office equipment.Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. on an occasional basis. Sitting for long periods of time in a manufacturing environment. Walking throughout the facility. Noise level in the work environment is moderate. Temperatures in the work environment can fluctuate with outside weather conditions. Due to the manufacturing environment, safety glasses and hearing protection may be necessary.
U.S. Export Policy Notice:
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Esterline is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status. t
U.S. Export Policy Notice: To ensure compliance with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ U.S Persons as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).