Processing Technician-Trinity (7:30am-3:45pm) Tuesday - Saturday
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
Musculoskeletal Transplant Foundation
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
Responsible for the aseptic processing tissue including bone, soft tissue and osteoarticular grafts. To product frozen, fresh and freeze-dried allografts to be used for transplantation. Sterilizes and maintains all clean room processing areas and equipment. Cut and shape, measure, package, verify, reconcile and prepare tissues for microbiological testing, May be "On Call" for osteoarticular grafts processing for weekends.
1. Aseptically processes tissue while maintaining sterility of the cleanroom.
2. Cleans and sanitize work area and all equipment and all supplies.
3. Responsible for all quality checks on the processed tissues and paperwork prior to release.
4. Able to operate surgical machinery to prepare grafts for implantation.
5. Supports and maintains supplies and equipment used in core production.
6. Performs all post-process functions including reconciliation.
7. Checks sterility of self, work orders, supplies, tissue and environment on a daily basis.
8. Document all processing activities completely and accurately on processing paperwork.
9. Accurately measure, label and packages tissue.
10. Transfer of donors into core and the transfer of tissues to the quarantine locations.
11. The removal of trash and bio waste from core.
12. Works with potential biological hazardous material.
13. Able to lift 40 pounds daily.
14. Train new technicians
15. Assists on special projects and performs additional duties as assigned. (exempt) OR Performs additional duties as assigned. (non-exempt)
1. Minimum two years experience in one of the following areas: Tissue Banking, central sterile supply, or surgical technician Production experience in a sterile environment in the pharmaceutical or medical field. Position requiring use of hand tools or procedures involving hand-eye coordination. High school degree. College course work in the life sciences helpful. Good communication and interpersonal skills. Able to work in a team environment.
2. Knowledge of cGMP's, QSR's and SUP's
3. Must be able to maintain a working knowledge of the Standard Operating Procedures.
4. Must be able to stand for long periods of time and work for up to four hours without a rest break.
MTF is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.