Processor Sales Representative 9/17/2016
Shawnee Mission, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY:
This position is responsible for promoting and selling fresh pork.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and other duties as assigned, satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* Responsible for promoting and selling fresh and frozen pork and managing daily inventories with Scheduling Department personnel
* Coordinate production with scheduling and supervisors at the plant
* Evaluate customer formulas and yields to optimize sales realizations
* Analyze market conditions for supply and demand and provide information on cash markets
* Work with production and QA to resolve customer complaints concerning product specification issues
* Manage freezer inventories and sales of byproducts
* Cross train and provide necessary coverage with all processor sales associates in the department
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to meet the requirements listed below.
* Detail oriented highly organized and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
* Basic knowledge of a protein packing plant operations and pork product specifications
* 1 to 2 years of Processor Sales experience, i.e. bone in or boneless hams, bellies, trim or boneless picnics.
* Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite (which includes Word, Excel and Power Point)
* Professional telephone skills
* Excellent listening, negotiating, presentation and analytical skills
* Assertive personality with ethics and integrity
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: College degree preferred in one of the following: Animal Science, Ag Econ, Meat Science, Business or Marketing with 1-2 years of successful sales, marketing, production or inventory control experience within the pork or meat protein industry.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Fluent English. Ability to interact and effectively communicate with customers, senior management and plant personnel.
REASONING ABILITY AND MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability to apply mathematical concepts to practical situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Basic computer skills and knowledge of standard programs including, but not limited to: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Must be flexible, adaptable to change, able to work in fast paced environment, ability to meet deadlines, demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, exceptional organizational skills, and demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail. Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision and has sound judgment skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: The hours and days of work are established by departmental needs and at the discretion of management. Occasionally, overtime or changes in schedule will be required as special circumstances arise.
Seaboard Foods is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Veteran / Disability Employer