This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Multi-billion-dollar Insurance Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAre you interested in working for one of the largest global insurance agencies in the world, where you will be a valued employee with plenty of room for growth
Our client, a multi-national company who generates over $10 billion in annual revenue is seeking a Procurement Analyst to work in their Chicago office. If you have experience with indirect categories, specifically IT, then you may be a great fit for this position.
KEY PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES:
The role requires a balance of high level operational understanding and detailed analysis, as well as flexibility, adaptability and a focus on continuous improvement. Excellent communication skills are critical to success.
* Assist in developing sourcing strategies for indirect categories to align with company strategies
* Implement vendor-related cost/quality improvements
* Conduct discovery, interpretation, and representation of spend and savings data
* Analyze spend and operations from acquired companies to determine best practice
* Contribute to the selection and management of key suppliers
* Maintain strategic supplier relationships in line with organizational requirements and processes to achieve exceptional levels of quality and service while maintaining competitive pricing structure
* Some light travel involved, including visits to regional offices, supplier locations and industry conferences
* Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or related field, or its equivalent, with continuing education related to the job function a plus
* 2+ years of related experience with demonstrated achievements and progressive responsibilities
* Experience managing sourcing events and vendors / external suppliers
* Understanding of Sourcing processes and negotiations
* Contract negotiation experiencepreferred
* Advanced skills in Excel & Access