Procurement Analyst - Fuel Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/4/2016
END DATE 11/20/2016
United Parcel Service, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
The Global Business Services (GBS) Procurement Analyst supports cross-functional sourcing teams and is responsible for providing analytical support for process improvement and commodity-related initiatives. He/She conducts data collection, analysis/reporting, supplier qualification and measurement efforts for a specific commodity or commodities. This position assists in the writing and distribution of Requests for Proposals and Requests for Information. The GBS Procurement Analyst also prepares forecasts and analyzes economic trends. He/She assists with negotiations to ensure final agreements are reached, as well as maintains a suite of applications to manage contracts, performance, and sourcing. He/She conducts data collection and analysis for specific commodities to control costs.
The GBS Procurement Analyst is responsible for providing user support and maintenance to numerous databases used within Procurement Services. He/She furnishes vendor performance information as requested by several different airline departments and for strategic sourcing initiatives. This position may also develop and maintain relationships with UPS users and vendors. He/she handles non-complex support and follow-on acquisitions such as renewals. The GBS Procurement Analyst functions as both a contributing member of a contract administration team and as an observer with the intention of learning the Procurement process at a more detailed level.
* Contributes to the development of category implementation plans to ensure continuous improvement of processes.
* Develops complex spreadsheets, documents, reports, and presentations utilizing ORACLE database, MS Office Suite, spreadsheet, PSDM, SQL and e-procurement tools.
* Analyzes data to make recommendations for process improvements and to provide impact analysis for new projects.
* Performs economic research and prepares analyses (e.g., negotiable spend, supplier financial analysis, Total Cost of Ownership, financial models, etc.) to identify qualified suppliers and evaluate supplier reliability.
* Supports Commodity Managers in assisting with Requests for Information (RFIs), Request for Proposals (RFPs), financial and performance clauses, metrics, terms, and rebates/penalties to ensure the best bid among various vendors.
* Conducts post-implementation analysis to identify problems.
* Supports and enforces Procurement policies, Sarbanes-Oxley, Supplier Diversity policy, and all other audit and regulated procurement requirements to ensure compliance.
* Conducts Research: Uses the research problem to guide relevant data gathering and benchmarking; develops a working knowledge of literature related to the research problem; minimizes personal biases that may impact the research process or outcomes; gathers data that represent all sides of the business case.
* Establishes Metrics and Performance Tools: Identifies basic measurement requirements and possible indicators for individual, group, department, and business unit results; demonstrates a general ability to use multiple measurement methods for measuring performance; sets meaningful goals and objectives.
* Negotiation: Demonstrates an understanding of negotiation techniques; identifies stakeholders/participants that should be involved in negotiations; demonstrates an understanding of each party s objectives.
* Project Planning: Demonstrates an understanding of basic project planning processes, including planning action items and resources.
* Report Generation: Generates reports in appropriate format using basic software; reviews reports to ensure accuracy and completeness; identifies issues with report generation (e.g., missing variables, incorrect data, etc.)
* Technology Knowledge: Recognizes the basic impact of technology on UPS business, services, and processes; identifies technological barriers in achieving desired objectives; maintains appropriate breadth and depth of technological knowledge for current work assignment.
* Bachelor s degree (or internationally comparable degree) Preferred
* Knowledge of VBA language for macros - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity