Procurement Assistant -60230
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
West Virginia University Hospital
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title :
Procurement Assistant (60230)
Procurement Operations Manager
February 15, 2013
Education & Experience:
* High School diploma
* Completion of a two year business/career college program
* Two years relevant experience required.
SUMMARY: Serves as the administrative assistant to the Corporate Procurement Director and Procurement Operations Manager. Provides high level secretarial support for Contract Agents and other staff as necessary. Serves as the departmental representative for matters related to HR, payroll, and budget maintenance. Serves as the Administrator and Super User for the vendor credentialing system. Maintains a document management and retrieval system for all supply chain contract documents. Performs functions of Buyer positions at various WVUHS locations
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Serves as the administrative assistant to the Corporate Procurement Director and Procurement Operations Manager assisting with projects and organizing workflow to leverage management productivity. Assists in the preparation of administrative reports, statistical tables, and other data gathering for review or signature of management.
2. Performs complex and confidential secretarial assignments to include:
* Schedules and coordinates meetings, conference calls, and events with clinicians, staff, hospital management, and vendors across the Health System as necessary.
* Controls departmental management calendars.
* Drafts correspondence for own or director s/manager s signature.
* Collaborates with director, manager, and others as appropriate to develop and maintain departmental policies and procedures in a current and accurate manner.
* Researches, analyzes data, and prepares accurate and user friendly reports.
* Issues, receives, and records RFP, RFQ, and other bid documents at direction of Contract Agents.
* Makes reservations and necessary travel arrangements, and processes all necessary paperwork.
* Assists in training other departmental users in word processing and spreadsheet applications.
* Assists in maintaining position descriptions in a current, accurate manner.
* Serves as receptionist and provides customer service support for walk-in and phone requests.
3. Serves as the Administrator for the WVUHS vendor credentialing system. Maintains all vendor credentialing documentation in a current manner and assures that the system is functioning as designed. Assures vendor compliance with credentialing requirements. Assists Health System personnel in retrieving information and reports from the vendor credentialing system. Serves as super user and trains other users of the system as required.
4. Develops and maintains a document management and retrieval systems for supply chain contracts and other departmental documents. Develops and maintains a contract tracking system that assures adequate expiration date notification to Contract Agents. Copies/scans, files, and distributes contracts and agreements as necessary.
5. Assists in developing the departmental budget and tracks on-going expenses. Reconciles invoices with expected expenditures and rectifies errors within 30 days
6. Serves as the departmental HR and payroll representative. Processes, maintains, and reconciles personnel and payroll records, maintains departmental data for the payroll systems, distributes paychecks, etc. according to the requirements of the various WVUHS hospital payroll systems. Tracks employee attendance and other HR requirements in accordance with various WVUHS hospital HR policies and initiates action with Director and Operations Manager to assure compliance, positive recognition, or disciplinary action as appropriate.
7. Collaborates with the Director and Operations Manager to develop and maintain a departmental in-service/education documentation system and coordinates the completion of all necessary requirements (includes documenting departmental orientation for new employees and completing exit procedures for employees leaving).
8. Performs duties of the Buyer positions located at various WVUHS locations. Buyer duties are performed on a scheduled basis when Buyers are scheduled off and also intermittently during periods of high activity or to cover for unscheduled absences. Incumbent must be fully trained to perform all Buyer functions (see attached Buyer position description). At times, incumbent may be required to work from other WVUHS Procurement offices at the various WVUHS facilities during Buyer coverage.
9. Assists with RFP development using boilerplate format and tailoring document to meet bid requirements per instructions from Contract Agents and management.
10. Coordinates departmental social functions (celebrations, luncheons, retirements, etc.).
11. Other duties as assigned.
Responsibility for Confidentiality:
Discretion required incumbent has access to highly confidential contract agreements and personnel information.
PERFORMANCE STANDARD: Adheres to the established Performance Expectations for WVUHS Employees in the areas of People, Service, Performance Improvement, and Shared Values & Culture.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasionally lifts up to 15 lbs
Sits for prolonged periods
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Standard office environment,
Requires occasional travel among WVUHS facilities
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
* Excellent secretarial, administrative and organizational skills and the ability to multi-task event scheduling, project assignments, and daily workload in a high level, fast paced environment.
* Ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of outside vendors and Health System personnel at all levels.
* Excellent verbal communication and customer service skills.
* Strong skills with MS Office suite of applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc)
* Ability to learn and utilize various Health System information systems necessary to perform responsibilities (i.e., payroll, Outlook, Lawson, etc.)
* Professional, business-like manner and appearance