This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Individual Contributor position responsible for Thought Leadership to the technical team for vendor commodities. Will be the technical expert, knowledgably of industry trends in claim and vendor products and services. Will be responsible for relationship management with business leaders. Collaborates with business areas to prioritize vendor opportunities, develop scorecards and metrics. Will create partnership, collaboration, synergies across team and with business groups to implement vendor solutions.
Develops negotiates and implements sourcing initiative strategies with primary responsibility for a particular group of commodities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Directs the work activities and has full management responsibility for the performance and development of subordinate staff in accordance with corporate strategic direction.
2. Sets productivity goals and directs sourcing programs for the commodity group.
3. Leads team of commodity experts/professionals on the day-to-day design and implementation of the team's sourcing projects.
4. Oversees major commodity negotiations, directs process enhancements related to commodities and supports the integration of the new processes and contracts throughout the business units.
5. Develops and is responsible for customer focused, conflict resolution procedures for assigned commodity group which allows for pro-active identification of potential issues.
6. Facilitates a teaming environment within the commodity group, ensuring effective allocation of resources. 7. Executes request for proposals (RFPs), contracting, non-disclosure agreements, etc.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
AVP or above
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. Senior level knowledge of sourcing and procurement methodology and insurance industry issues as they relate to the Claim organization.
2. Ability to effectively lead, coach and develop the staff while encouraging creativity and innovation.
3. Ability to achieve results by taking a pro-active long-term view of business goals and objectives.
4. Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey technical issues in a clear, concise and effective manner to all levels of personnel and outside audiences.
5. Ability to foster and maintain collaborative relationships with customers, peers, subordinates and other members of management.
6. Strong project management skills with the ability to develop tactical strategies which support organizational vision and goals. 7. Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software systems.
Education & Experience
1. B.S. in Business or Related Field, MBA preferred.
2. Typically a minimum of ten plus years business professional experience in a purchasing environment.
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Other Locations: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Organization: CLAIM (Worldwide Claim)
Job Posting: Aug 31, 2016
Unposting Date: Ongoing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.