As Procurement Director, you will be joining a small and committed team of professionals accountable for driving improvements in a fast paced environment. In this role, you will deliver continuous year on year cost and cash flow improvements by improving ways of working, cost structures and terms with suppliers in all spend categories. He/she will progressively identify improvement opportunities for all areas of company spend mainly in the US and globally.
You will work closely with a team of buyer planners who will manage the contract manufacturers and other suppliers. As you achieve results within this spend sector, time will be freed up to focus on other high impact areas and you will be asked to propose priorities.
1st Year goals relating to contract manufacturers include the following deliverables:
* Consolidation of Contract Manufacturers with improved supply contracts.
* More agile supply incorporating Turn-Key terms and supplier-held inventory.
* Strong and well-managed service level agreements and formal contingency plans.
* Lead discussion to agree on strategic framework for selection of suppliers
* Reviewing and assessing risks and opportunities relating to the suppliers that are proposed
* Undertaking bid process and subsequent negotiations and recommending final placement of business. It is likely that this will result in a rationalization of current suppliers used
* Negotiating and implementing contracts including service level agreements
* Managing continuous improvement with core suppliers
* Developing Procurement remit to incorporate all strategic spend
* Procurement Processes (including 7 Step)
* Supply and supplier management (such as TQM)
* Analytical capability including strong Excel skills
* 7+ years of related experience
* Cosmetics business experience a plus
* US cosmetics and skincare manufacturers
* Primary Packaging buying
* Proven negotiator with demonstrable track record of success
* High volume consumer goods experience a must
* Managing contract manufacturers performance