This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/19/2016
Cobham Mission Systems Davenport
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOBHAM is seeking a PROCUREMENT MANAGER that will be a senior leadership role responsible for the delivery of a full procurement service; covering bids, product introduction, production and in service (aftermarket) for Cobham Life Support in Davenport, Iowa, and working with the capability expert (Cobham Mission System Cost Reduction & SBU Procurement) to ensure best practices and continuous improvement. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
* Increase EBITA by reducing the Total Acquisition Cost (TAC) of all procured items, both goods and services, deliver sustainable cost reduction programs.
* Develop the supply chain strategy and integrate the external supply chain into the business while maintaining flexibility and responsiveness to new requirements.
* Critically assess the supplier base and re-structure/consolidate where required.
* Maintain and improve procurement processes.
* Establish team and individual roles and set objectives in line with overall business strategy.
* Identify and set development goals and provide development opportunities for team members. Mentor team members as required.
* Provide the procurement input to new program bids and follow through the implementation of program supply chains through the Lifecycle Management process.
* Support the logistics requirements of the lean manufacturing areas and reduce total company stock holding.
* Raise the profile of supply chain in the organization and take advantage of any Cobham group or Cobham Mission Systems Division purchasing power.
* Actively promote and enforce adherence to S|H|E rules and procedures.
* Identify and effect change to reduce risks of harm and minimize waste and resources used.
* Communicate to employees, visitors and customers that health and safety and a concern for the environment are values for Cobham.
* Promote and facilitate incident and near miss reporting.
* Bachelor's Degree.
* 10 years of procurement experience in a manufacturing industry.
* Experience leading a procurement team introducing new product designs.
* Experience establishing new supply chains, managing supplier relationships, and negotiating.
* Experience presenting and reporting in Senior level meetings.
* Experience in the aerospace and defense industry or high tech business.
* Experience with Project Management.
* Experience in working with IPTs delivering sources of supply to new product development programs.
* This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
* Project Management Certification.
* Procurement Certification.
COBHAM\'S values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And its the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
COBHAM is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust COBHAM to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
COBHAM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND EMBRACES DIVERSITY IN OUR EMPLOYEE POPULATION. IT IS THE POLICY OF COBHAM TO PROVIDE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR GENETIC INFORMATION. COBHAM WILL REFRAIN FROM DISCHARGING, OR OTHERWISE DISCRIMINATING AGAINST, EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS WHO INQUIRE ABOUT, DISCUSS, OR DISCLOSE THEIR COMPENSATION OR THE COMPENSATION OF OTHER EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS.
SEE ALL OF OUR LATEST OPPORTUNITIES AT WWW.COBHAM.COM/CAREERS OR FOLLOW US ON OUR LINKEDIN PAGE AT WWW.LINKEDIN.COM/COMPANY/COBHAM
TO BE CONSIDERED YOU MUST APPLY BY GOING TO WWW.COBHAM.COM/CAREERS
Job Category: Procurement
Primary Location: US-Iowa-Davenport
Organization: Cobham Mission Systems Davenport
Recruiter: Scott Pavlick