Procurement Manager - Market Research Sourcing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 2/6/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
The candidate will be responsible for partnering with Senior Directors, Directors and functional leads to drive Primary Market Research area and will own and lead medium to larger sourcing projects within a category.
Category Knowledge: Specific sub-categories within scope include: Market Research (Primary),. A preferred candidate will have an immediate knowledge level in one of these categories and can support other categories within Commercial including Marketing Data & Secondary Market Research, Medical Education & Communications, Corporate Communications (Internal & External), Patient Services, Print, Call Centers, Market Access, Coupons/Vouchers, Creative/Advertising, Marketing Expenses, Sales Support, Corporate Communications, Public Relations, Media.
Strategic Sourcing: Experience with the various sourcing tools and analytical methods commonly practiced and used within a world-class Global Procurement organization.
Skills and Knowledge: Demonstrated / proven typical skills and knowledge required to contribute to a Global Procurement organization.
Span of Control: The position is local or regional in and be expected to manage a total expenditure of $40-60M. The individual may be required to implement a global sourcing strategy into local market(s).
As procurement influence is still growing within Shire, the role will need to work closely with the functional business units to create value added category strategies and hold strong sourcing events. The candidate will need to have interpersonal, communications and problem solving skills. They should display a passion for strategic sourcing, supply management and operational procurement.
50% Category Management & Delivery
1. Identify future procurement projects to management by working collaboratively with stakeholders and through category strategy.
2. Co-develop and execute Sourcing Strategies with the Business, advising and guiding the process to the best-fit approach, tactics and tools (e.g. outcome-based specifications, RFP/RFI/RFQ builds, E-auctions, KPI/SLA development).
3. Contribute to raising standards of vendor management (e.g. Post Contract Management (PCM)) by implementing it with key suppliers.
4. Deliver excellence in front-end procurement activities, including market research, demand management, spend analytics, Category Strategy development, negotiation, E-Procurement , stakeholder engagement.
5. Deliver procurement activities, including enabling the Business to self-serve Post Contract Management (PCM), KPI & SLA development and tracking, Stakeholder engagement, Communications, Risk and Supplier Relationship Management (SRM).
6. Utilize established tools/systems & adheres to all Shire policies.
10% Client/Internal Relations
7. Focused on a target audience of Operational level stakeholders to gain support & buy-in to executing plans. Engage procurement executives as appropriate.
8. Increase engagement with the Business to improve coverage, especially where Procurement is engaged late or not at all.
9. Understand Business area needs, strategies and priorities, communicate these to line management and service accordingly.
10. Ability to explain procurement practices, benefits to the organization, the value of Supplier Relationship Management participation in this post contract management.
11. Meet regularly with stakeholders to ensure alignment & solicit feedback.
12. Demonstrate Shire values in all relationships (including suppliers).
25% Processes, Metrics & Execution
13. Contribute to the development of robust metrics, methods and systems and inputs feedback from stakeholders
14. Use market research to ensure that Shire stays abreast of latest market cost/value/innovation developments across Categories within Commercial.
15. Ensure compliance to policies and Audit remediation.
16. Responsible for the negotiation and contract management process
17. Responsible with the Client for the timely procurement of contract services required for company operations.
15% Supplier Relations
18. Enable Shire to get the best out of its suppliers by working in partnership with them for mutual good business.
19. Help the Business conduct post contract management (PCM) and facilitate supplier relationship management (SRM) with key (top 20%) suppliers.
20. Ensure Procurement, the Business and Suppliers conduct business ethically, and within the Company s Anti Bribery and Corruption and FCPA guidelines. Alert the leadership to any improper practice.
21. Encourage Supplier Diversity.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
BA or BS prefered or equivalent experience or certifications
Demonstrated ability of working with cross functional teams in a complex, changing environment to deliver value-added results to the organization.
5 to 10 years of industry experience.
Demonstrated ability of Category Management.
Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate ideas and influence others.
Indirect functional expertise and role.
Demonstrated ability to deliver value-added results to the organization by applying financial analysis principles and procurement discipline.
Demonstrated ability to apply Shire s operating philosophy, policies and procedures
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We have best-in-class products available in more than 100 countries across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal / Internal Medicine / Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; a growing franchise in Oncology; and an emerging, innovative pipeline in Ophthalmics.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Shire is an equal opportunity employer. Shire evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law - Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.