Procurement New Grad
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Palm Bay, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONProcurement (New Grad)Job ID:
Procurement (New Grad) JOB CODE:
Melbourne/Palm Bay, Florida COMPANY DESCRIPTION:
Harris is an international communications and information technology company serving government and commercial markets in more than 125 countries. Headquartered in Melbourne, Florida, the company has approximately $8 billion of annual revenue and about 23,000 employees - including 9,000 engineers and scientists. Harris is dedicated to developing best-in-class assured communications products, systems, and services. Additional information about Harris Corporation is available at harris.com. JOB DESCRIPTION Harris is searching for talented entry level Procurement Grads to join the Harris team to help design and develop cutting edge communications and digital communications. We produce state of the art systems and products in support of many domains and varied technologies. We build systems in healthcare, weather processing, air traffic control, law enforcement, aircraft avionics, satellite communications, wireless, cyber defense, environmental, and utilities.* Procure material, equipment, supplies, services, and commodity products of low to medium value and medium to high volume.
* Evaluate cost and analyze supplier bids to attain best overall value.
* Negotiate price, delivery and quality of products/services and determine supplier selections.
* Track all Purchase Orders through reports, work matched exceptions, open commitments, receiving discrepancies, returns, supplier discrepancies, and problem reports/supplier corrective action responses. Interface with receiving and accounting to resolve issues.
* Manage supplier relationship through the acquisition process.
* Confer with suppliers to determine factors that affect competitive total cost of ownership consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules. Evaluate root cause and corrective action with suppliers on late delivery performance.
* Interpret FAR/DFAR/ITAR laws, rules and regulations regarding import/export control certifications and licenses.
* Refer to policies and practices for guidance and compliance. Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
* Meet established goals, objectives, and performance metrics, and solve problems of increased scope and complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. QUALIFICATIONS:* Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics Management, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Operations Management, General Business Management or Business Administration
* GPA of 3.0 or greater required. PREFERRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:* Experience in Supply Chain principles and concepts, spend management tools, purchasing insight into buying and selling principles, negotiations, awareness of different contract types, financial and quantitative analytical skills, commodity management, supplier and performance measurement tools, and exposure to sourcing process, and Lean Six Sigma. Security Clearance:
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise --Supply Chain Education Bachelors Degree Job Type Full Time Location USA - FL - Palm Bay .