- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Procurement Operations Leader
BUILD YOUR FUTURE...WHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective.
Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield Insurance, you will quickly learn that protecting our customer s future by delivering on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens is at the heart of what we do. Building relationships and caring about people has been part of our culture since 1848. Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, know how to elevate an idea and can innovate and seek opportunity in a changing world.
PROCUREMENT OPERATIONS LEADER JOB SUMMARY
SALARY RANGE: $103,230.00-$118,715.00-$134,200.00
The Procurement Operations Leader is responsible for the implementation, administration, and oversight of all procurement technology at Westfield. Leads the evaluation and selection process of procurement technology, including Purchase-to-Pay and eSourcing applications. Serves as the Procurement subject matter expert on the implementation of new systems and integration with ERP and related systems. Develops the buying channel strategy and manages the day to day operations of the Procurement Operations team. Daily operational responsibilities include oversight and optimization of requisition and purchase order processing and related processes.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND/OR REASONS THE JOB EXISTS IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE)
* Responsible for the implementation, administration, and oversight of all procurement technology and related applications (e.g. Purchase-to-Pay, eSourcing) for the organization.
* Leads the initial procurement systems evaluation and selection process, including Purchase-to-Pay and eSourcing applications.
* Serves as the Procurement subject matter expert on the implementation of new systems including integration with ERP and related systems.
* Provides necessary reporting to meet internal and external reporting requirements.
* Develops and drives the buying channel strategy for the organization.
* Manages and leads the day to day operations of Procurement Operations and staff.
* Determines the spend analytics approach and operating model with the Analytics Resource Center and Procurement Category Management.
* Manages individual/team on the process for requisitions and purchase orders, including resolution of routine issues (e.g. match exceptions, price/invoice issue resolution, updating POs)
* Supports the solicitation of quotes and evaluation of bids as needed for items below the bid threshold not under contract and those that are not part of the category management sourcing process.
* Reviews purchasing decisions, and purchase orders for the procurement coordinator position; assigns and reviews work for the procurement spend and systems analyst positions.
* Performs human capital management responsibilities including employee selection, performance management, coaching, and development. Manages priorities and workload distribution, and removes barriers that impede progress. Completes all personnel, salary administration, and reporting duties. Performs operational responsibilities that drive team performance including planning, execution, process improvement and best-practice sharing.
* Leads more administrative buys independently and participates in and supports the business units with more technical or strategic purchasing.
* Draws on external resources/experts in order to understand and suggest enhancements to the existing procurement processes and procedures.
* Develops and reports key performance indicators (KPIs) for the Procurement department.
* Travels occasionally in order to participate in special assignments, training, and/or travel between office locations.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE/CERTIFICATION/EDUCATION (IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE)
* Minimum of 7 years of progressively increasing responsibility in Supply Chain Management, Finance, Engineering or Business Operations.
* Demonstrated leadership experience including the proven ability to organize, assign work and the proven ability to coach and mentor individuals.
* Demonstrated Procurement systems administration and implementation experience along with strong project management skills.
* Demonstrated experience and understanding of procurement operations within a center-led Supply Chain.
* Proven ability to develop and execute plans to support category, department and company strategies. Working knowledge of PeopleSoft or other Supply Chain Management/ERP software and Purchase-to-Pay and eSourcing applications.
* Demonstrated understanding of Procurement to Pay (P2P) buying channels, and the associated internal control requirements.
* Demonstrated strong collaboration skills with the ability to build effective relationships and influence peers and key stakeholders.
* Demonstrated composure and confidence in successful outcomes even in times of uncertainty.
* Proven ability to assess and resolve complex and/or sensitive issues (staff and operational).
* Communicates and influences effectively, with the ability to motivate and influence others inside and outside the organization.
* Proven ability to deal with change and ambiguity effectively.
* Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to tailor messages to the given audience, present information in a clear and concise manner.
* Bachelor s degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain or related field or commensurate experience.
* Working towards or possess an advanced certification (e.g., CPM, CPSM, CPSC PMP).
* Demonstrated financial and analytical skills.
* Valid driver s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (SPECIFIC TO THE ROLE)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
* Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
* Ability to travel as required.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits and wellness, and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield Insurance.
To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at www.westfieldinsurance.com
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.