Procurement Process Champion 8/26/2016
Velkin International, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION OVERVIEW:
An experienced leader and change agent with a demonstrated track record of exceeded value delivery (price savings, total cost, efficiency, innovation, growth, and on time execution) whom is technically skilled and knowledgeable in world class strategic sourcing category management practices and toolkits, developing and implementing procurement tactical buying polices, processes, and procedures; has implemented enterprise wide procurement category management and source to pay systems; and can "Role Model" and "Champion" the procurement teams activities and vision on behalf of the CPO to included needed team and organizational training/development and communication plans. Has experience leading a direct and cross functional staff in duties described above."
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
* . Strategy Development & Implementation
* Develop strong relationships with internal stakeholders to ensure implementation of the procurement strategy
* Synthesize and communicate results to Business Group (BG) leadership and the broader Procure Plus team
* Develop BG communications strategy and draft communications materials as required
* Leverage peers within the team to develop metrics and reporting requirements to track status and enable continuous improvement
* Provide leadership for a multifunctional procurement and cross business teams
* Build and develop a world class team to support continuing change toward world-class supply management
* Process Leadership
* Demonstrate and role model the importance of the Procurement initiative (Procure Plus)
* Champion business process redesign emphasizing the criticality of continuous improvement and process consistency
* Build, develop and manage the Procurement Operations, Processes, and Systems team to deliver on procurement strategies and goals
* Systems & Technology
* Provide leadership and manage the development and implementation of an enterprise-wide procurement systems and technology strategy and operational plan in alignment with Global strategy (i.e. e-business, procure to pay, data warehousing, supplier relationship management tools, enterprise-wide ERP system, Purchasing / Travel Card Program, etc.)
* Manage the development and implementation of SOPs and training programs/materials for all procurement/sourcing systems, tools and technology
(Audience to include cross-functional partners - Operations, Finance, AP, Tax, etc.)* 30-40%% travel (potentially)
* Strategic thinker who can anticipate industry trends and develop a clear vision aligned with the overall procurement strategy
* Managerial skills with emphasis on change management and problem-solving
* Advanced Project management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic and virtual environment
* Procurement technical skills including market analysis, supplier selection, and negotiation
* Detailed understanding of key systems impacting Procurement and suppliers
* Working knowledge of continuous improvement management philosophies
* Effective presenter capable of engaging the organization with credibility at all levels
* Ability to build strong formal and informal teams and help other leaders to do the same
* Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and leading change in evolving work environment
* Occasional domestic and international travel
Languages: English and Spanish required and Portuguese preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
* University degree in a relevant discipline. MBA a plus.
* Continuous improvement professional training or experience. (Kaizen, Six Sigma, Lean, etc.). Six Sigma Black Belt certification a plus.
* Minimum of 4 years of global purchasing and strategic sourcing operations, process, and systems experience
* Experience in "Center Lead" strategic global sourcing, purchasing, procurement systems/processes, and risk management.
* Experience utilizing best practice category management and strategic sourcing processes to improve cost, quality, and service for direct and indirect materials and services.
* Experience using best practice qualitative and quantitative methodologies and frameworks to analyze spend, identify and implement process improvement/savings opportunities, and measure on-going purchasing performance against plan.
* Experience implementing enterprise wide category management and source to pay systems with a demonstrated track record of exceeded value delivery