Procurement Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 12/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONNPD Procurement Project Manager
Put a LIFT in Your Career! Hyster-Yale Group, a world-class manufacturer of industrial lift trucks, has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional and talented NPD Procurement Project Manager at our facility located in our Portland, OR .
HYG designs, engineers, manufactures, sells and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally under the Hyster and Yale brand names. We are one of the global leaders in the Material Handling industry and have been building relationships and partnering with our customers, suppliers, dealers and employees for over 80 years.
HYG is looking for an energetic individual who will have a positive influence on the Global Supply Chain team. As an NPD Procurement Project Manager , you will have responsibility for sourcing and procurement of all parts in support of new product development. This position has responsibility for product cost and timing of procured components; working with cross-functional project teams and other members of the Global Supply Chain team to achieve component cost targets, adhere to tooling budgets, execute sourcing strategies, and meet project schedules and project milestones.
Key Accountabilities include:
* Project Management:
* Managing procurement activities according to project timelines. Providing status updates to procurement management.
* Developing supplier risk management strategies for new product launches.
* Taking responsibility for communicating global project strategies and risk mitigation plans to Engineering, Manufacturing, and Supply Chain, and Supplier Quality Engineering. Developing proactive escalation and mitigation plans as necessary to achieve project objectives.
* Providing recommendations in support of product development gated review processes.
* Product Development / Engineering relationships and Support:
* Procurement and prototype requirements.
* Managing prototype parts required to support product development projects.
* Managing component requirements in support of project cost targets.
* Soliciting quotes for new parts and selecting production suppliers in accord with established commodity strategies.
* Developing target costing and negotiating with suppliers to achieve targets. Managing and negotiating procurement budgets related to tooling, prototypes, and additional procured components.
* Working with preferred suppliers on new projects and assuring proper agreements are in place, e.g., development agreements, and non-disclosure agreements)
* Assuring parts are sourced with preferred supply base.
The ideal candidate will have:
* BS Degree in Engineering or Supply Chain (Masters' preferred)
* 3-5 years project management experience working in manufacturing environments. Minimum 2 years Supply Chain experience
* Ability to work independently
* Experience in Product Development is highly desirable.
* Domestic and international sourcing experience
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Strong capabilities in the use of MS-Excel (advanced), ERP Systems, MS-Work, MS-Access, MS-PowerPoint and MS-Project applications.
* Experience in off-highway mobile equipment is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing.