Procurement Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCompany Overview:
Based in Waterford, New York, Momentive Performance Materials Inc. is a global leader in silicones, quartz and advanced materials, with a 70-year heritage of innovation and being first to market with performance applications that improve everyday life. Our solutions are found in products that touch nearly every facet of modern living and we work closely with some of the biggest brands in B2B and consumer worlds, covering a broad range of markets - from aerospace and automotive, to building and construction, personal care, and electronics.
Based in Columbus, Ohio, Hexion Inc. is the global leader in thermoset resins. Through a broad range of thermoset technologies and specialty products, Hexion serves and supports customers in a diverse range of applications and industries.
Momentive and Hexion materials are found in products that touch nearly every facet of modern living. At Momentive and Hexion, we believe that leadership begins with integrity, ethics and environmentally sound operations. When you work for Momentive or Hexion, you are partnering with a company that is not only focused on delivering value but on doing it in a safe, ethical and environmentally responsible manner.
This exciting opportunity is part of Momentive Performance Materials Inc.Position Overview This position will be located in Waterford, NY or Sistersville, WV and entails managing procurement activities, vendors, contracts and synergies for the commodity set capital expenditure related programs and contractors.
* Responsible for the negotiation and implementation of general laborcontracts, equipment, engineering service contracts and other project related services of approximately $50mm in annual spend
* Responsible for negotiating an average of $1.5m in savings while supporting business plans
* Develop and implement effective sourcing strategies in support of the business plans. Support project portfolio managers and project engineers in planning tollgate/stage gate management and execution of project procurement activities.
* Develop and maintain source base/relationships for reliable support of contracted services. Support project managers in project procurement execution.
* Track and monitor price and supply trends on key commodities. Develop procurement plans in areas such as general labor, engineering services and others as required.
* The CM is responsible for interfacing with key stakeholders in all regions. Project responsibilities will be focused on NA in the beginning, but geographic coverage can be expanded, based upon the needs of the Capex portfolio.
* The focus of the role will be to reduce the overall cost of capital expenditure related projects and to minimize the risk associated with such projects through the negotiation and implementation of contracts needed to support the standardization of goods and services needed for the projects.
Strategic Focus & Direction
* Develops and drives required regional plans and activities that meet critical business goals
* Utilizes quantitative and qualitative methods for analyzing strategic opportunities
* Fosters problem resolution across functional and regional boundaries
* Ensure continuous supply and quality through process development and support that meets the needs of the business and other key stakeholders.
Core Competency: Trust & Teamwork
* Identifies and maintains interpersonal relationships with key stakeholders throughout the company
* Identifies and maintains strategic alliances with key suppliers at the highest organizational level
* Communicates openly with others and clearly shares strategic plan and business plan to ensure alignment
* Provides insightful perspective to others seeking assistance
* Seen and utilized as a key contributor to assigned area of responsibility and is included in the early stages of change if not self-initiated.
Core Competency: Personal Leadership
* Presents information and ideas in an articulate and organized manner (verbal no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by the Company as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.
Percent of Travel up to 25%