This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
Esterline Technologies Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Esterline Control and Communication Systems
Procurement Specialist, Esterline
Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. We design, manufacture, and market highly engineered products and services principally for the aerospace and defense markets. Esterline Control & Communication Systems is comprised of seven wholly-owned subsidiaries of Esterline. Our product and service brands include: AVISTA software and systems engineering services; BVR motion control and avionics computing; KORRY cockpit display and control products; MASON flight controls; RACAL Acoustics military headsets, and PALOMAR products for secure communications systems, Our operations are located in Platteville, WI; Rockford, IL; Everett, WA; Sylmar, CA; Harrow, UK; and Rancho Santa Margarita, CA.
Korry Electronics is part of Esterline Control Systems Technologies Corporation.
Industry: Aerospace/Defense Products & Services
Number of Employees: 600+
Title: Procurement Specialist
Job Family: Purchasing
Reports to: Manager, Supply Chain
Works with: Immediate manager, mid-level managers, and Sr. Staff as well as upper management at suppliers.
Location: Located at Korry facility in Everett, WA
Type: Full Time
Purchasing Specialist contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards in the Purchasing department.
* Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above.
* Prepares written procedures, policies, reports and correspondence; collaborating and negotiating with departments corporate wide.
* Subject matter expert with respect to all aerospace, defense and trade (import/export) standards, policies and regulations
* Develops solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation.
* Reviews proposals, negotiates prices, selects or recommends suppliers, analyzes trends, follows up orders placed, and approves payment, and maintains necessary record of material movement through manufacturing and inventory cycles.
* Sources, purchases, plans, and schedules the movement of raw materials, packaging materials, parts, components, services, supplies, finished goods and related material through production and inventory process
* Identifies raw material, component, and related requirements from engineering and production specifications and schedules.
* Analyzes data and determines factors that affect prices and determine lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability and ability to meet required schedules.
* Understand and live by Esterline s ethics and business conduct policies.
* Minimum 5 years experience in mentoring/training junior level staff.
* Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.) or similar designation preferred.
* Knowledge of both commercial and defense technologies.
* Experience with auditing contracting practices within procurement.
* Customer Focus
* Ethics and Values
* Problem Solving
* Integrity and Trust
* Functional/Technical Skills
* Values Diversity
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
* BA/BS in relevant field required; MA/MS degree preferred.
* 10 years experienced in Purchasing or Contracts
U.S. Export Policy Notice:
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Esterline is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status. t
U.S. Export Policy Notice: To ensure compliance with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ U.S Persons as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).