Procurement & Supply Chain Student Co-op (Spring)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
Blue Bell, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Unisys is a global information technology ('IT') company. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to solve their most pressing IT and business challenges. We specialize in providing integrated, leading-edge solutions to clients in the government, financial services and commercial markets. Our offerings include cloud and infrastructure services, application services, security solution and high-end server technology. We have more than 20,000 associates serving clients around the world. For more information, visit www.unisys.com .
*This is for a 6 month Co-op starting in 2017's Spring Semester*
Position Overview :
Seeking a College level Co-op interested in working within the Procurement / Supply Chain business unit with a Global Information Technology Company at the corporate headquarters in Blue Bell, PA. The individual candidate will work with team members supporting various functions while gaining knowledge and experience within the Procurement department. This role will focus on supply chain fulfillment in U.S. & Canada for third party Hardware, Software, and Services required to support Customer Solutions in an IT environment. In addition, the candidate will experience and support the various Category Management Strategic Sourcing functions including Contract Labor and Indirect Services. The ideal candidate will demonstrate enthusiasm for wanting to work in an IT Procurement environment with an opportunity to learn and grow.
* Bid Support: * Regular outreach to U.S. Internal Account teams to identify supplier/3 rd party Products and Services needed to support client proposals
* Competitive sourcing and bidding on hardware, software, and services from Suppliers
* Negotiating quoted prices from Suppliers or specific contract terms such as payment terms, termination terms, etc.
* Expediting Delivery of hardware, software, and services
* Category Management Support: * Strategic sourcing initiatives for products/services purchased and used by Unisys
* Contract administration to make sure Supplier is delivering what was promised and keeping records up-to-date
* Business Analytics by assisting the Category Managers with analyzing Procurement data such as Spend, Category, and Supplier data to develop strategies and provide reporting
* Transformation projects - Example: helping transition from a current vendor management system to a modern day VMS software
Skills, Experience & Qualifications :
* Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's of Business, Finance, or other similar discipline * Pre-Junior or above with a GPA of 2.8 or higher
* Effective written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple priorities
* A developed understanding of negotiating strategies
* Keen understanding of business etiquette and a solid understanding of business principles
* Self-starters with the ability to apply an innovative and creative thought process
* Display an obvious sense of urgency with a strong work ethic
* Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, & Word) experience is required
* Oracle ERP experience is desired but not required
Do you have what it takes to be mission-critical? Apply Now.
To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com .
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans. img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=http://unisys.contacthr.com/50779003.jpg /